General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Just curious, what is the car your mom gave you?
    And I agree with hadacoolname here, if you can afford it, do it.

2. Shadowdragon94

Shadowdragon94
    Expand Collapse

i plan to get one of these as my first car ive seen a couple for around only 3,000$USD

Chevrolet-Suburban-1999-1440x900-001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

I already have my first car. It has an open exhaust and EFI acting like carbie.

Also, it has a 5 digit odometer I just realized so I don't actually know the hundred(s) of thousands of miles on it. :confused:

#23 Kitteh5, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Throttle body injected? Fairly normal for a car that old. Allowed reusing most of original carbureted fuel system and intake manifold when converting to efi.

5. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

A 2000 Ford Focus ZX3. It's a POS. I have been driving it for almost a year. And I have been driving race cars sense I was 5 (Quarter Midgets).

The maintenance on a Porsche 944 isn't cheap. So it will be a while before I get one if I do.

6. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

It's a fully integrated system, like normal, but for example, when I first start it, I have to tap on the throttle for it to get to idle for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Foci are good cars. :confused:

7. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

It seems Ford had some growing pains with the Focus when it came out. Pre-2002 seem to be POS'.
    Edit-At least in 'Murica.

8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I noticed in your video that the little 4 cylinder in your car sounds really unhealthy. You should probably stop wasting your time shopping for headunits and get to the mechanical problems first.
    Also, don't forget the fact that your dad paid for it and has complete control over what happens to it. You even have to ask permission to take a video of it.
    You have been throwing the phrase "my car" around very, very liberally the last few weeks. :|

9. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Get over it. He says it's mine, but he has the money so yeah. If I say it's my car, just get over it.

It sounds so unhealthy because the previous owner's "exhaust system" is a little bit of pipe coming out of the manifold and that's it. 1 foot of pipe. If it went back to stock, it would run a lot better and sound better.

10. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

People don't realize it but when you totally remove the restriction from your exhaust system, it can really fuck with the engine. Especially older Fuel-Injected engines. It's made to run with that back pressure.

Edit- My friends keep telling me to straight pipe the truck but I can only imagine how bad it would run. It already misses at idle. It's killed 2-3 o2 sensors and a cat.

11. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Exactly what happened here.

12. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

You have to see mine, the previous owners never took care of the car. The paint is pealing off and all faded, there was barley any suspension when we bought it. I don't think they vacuumed/washed the car sense they bought it. One of the taillights is cracked, Water gets in it and so that light don't work. They don't make replacement parts. The headlights are so yellow my dad still haven't got it all out. The back hatch doesn't open without falling on your head. Idling the car is annoyingly loud when you are inside it. The rims paint is peeling off to reveal a plastic yellow look. I,m sure I didn't get everything but that is most of it.

I like focuses but this one is complete POS. I actually really love the new RS.

13. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Someone in America did this to the Pontiac badge on their G8, props to whoever did it. :)
    UsFan41.jpg
    (Australian flag & the old Holden logo)

• Like Like x 2
  14. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

It looks like someone hopped a curb. I found this at a BMW Service Center, anyone want to take a guess at what broke? It looks like the lower control arm or tie rod. But I'm not too familiar with suspension components.

Attached Files:

• bmw1.jpg
    • bmw2.jpg
  15. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

The fact that this is a Hyundai really confuses me
    img_new_genesis_029-1024x630.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

17. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Today i saw a grey 2007 onwards Mitsubishi Lancer sedan in its most stock form.
    Oh god i fell in love with them
    I liked them before, but boy
    I so want one now.
    They are so awesome.
    I don't know what is happening, this should not happen.
    Somebody help me.

so that you get the idea:

(imported from here)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

19. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

But what does that have to do with what they posted?

20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

He's a ford junkie.
    Discounts every GM product ever because they're making a lot of problematic shitboxes nowadays.
    Every car maker has their good and bad cars.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice