General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

No. If you want to have your cake and eat it too so to speak, you can always run a low boost setup with as much compression as you can get away with on pump gas. Not only will the extra compression help spool the turbo faster, but your off boost performance will not suffer. If you can't wait 1.5 seconds for your little turbo to wind up you should consider nitrous, but let's be honest it's not the 70s anymore.

2. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I think you would have to be an utter moron to dislike Tesla, They are the only cars that I would take instead of a Commodore.

3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Exactly what do you think I did after typing that? I get my hands dirty, I rebuilt the entire braking system on the Corolla myself. The whole damn thing. I have a new distributor now that I'm throwing on the truck this weekend.

My dad was a GM mechanic at one point, he worked on Pontiacs, then turned around and started selling them (and yet hates GM (I dunno)). I have damn near every specialty tool I need to do this. All I'm trying to do is actually find the time to do it. The complaining was just me blowing off steam so I can go into the repair level-headed so I don't break anything else, because if I didn't, I would.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

^ What he said, I like to rage at things before I then rectify them. Its quite therapeutic.

• Like Like x 3
  5. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Saw this ad from 2013 & it made me feel sad. Back when the VF was first released & nobody knew Holden was going to shut its doors, so much potential lost.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

The Ford GT configurator is out!

7. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I thought I remembered you doing work on the Corolla. The way you said you could "get it looked at" made me think you were taking it to a shop or something. I don't have any respect for that.
    I don't really complain much when shit fucks up. It happens.

8. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to get the window looked at, I don't do interior stuff. Because once you take it apart and put it back together, shit rattles, the Corolla is a good example of this. Everything else I plan on doing myself. Working on cars is pretty therapeutic, actually. It's quite nice.

9. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

As it turns out its not a good idea to tune a car to more hp than it should be having because the engine of my octavia just died so now i need a nw engine or a completely new car

10. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Your first problem is you started with a Skoda Octavia, then the amount of wrong just snowballs from there, apparently.

11. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

they are really nice cars for that money there is no alternative pretty much one of my favourite cars i ever driven also underneath they are audis so they have a really good quality
    Edit: as it turns out the fault was that the turbocharger completly failed wich i put in afterwards to get the same hp as the golf r so i just have to replace it and all should be good

#2631 skodakenner, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

They
    They're Volkswagens

• Like Like x 3
  13. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

14. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Erm.. Who gets out of their car & thinks "Yep, that's ok"
    shit parkin3.jpg shit parkin4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

16. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

TBH still not the worst one I've ever seen.
    One time at a mall in Campbelltown (City near Sydney), I saw an Audi R8 parked halfway into a 'Parents with prams' parking spot, the front half was in the spot, the arse end was in the road.
    (Quick MS.Paint diagram)
    save over 5.png

• Like Like x 6
  17. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know how to get rid of airconditioning smells on a car, i guess there is some sort of agent that you spray into the windshield vents, it only smells when the AC is switched off, and sometimes when its on (because the compressor cycles on and off) has anyone had this problem before, and if so what detergent could you recommend, ive tried putting air freshner into the vents but that just maskes the odour and smells awful

18. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Well, looked into the wiper issue on my truck today. The arm is bolted (well, nutted) to a spline on the motor shaft. The splines on the wiper arm were completely sheared and the splines on the motor shaft are pretty badly damaged, but they still grab hold of a good set of wiper arm splines. $28 later and I have fully functioning wipers again, and the gained knowledge of how GM wipers work.

A good day it is.

19. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

you should get notes for disrespectful crysler (and other car) drivers that say "learn how to park. i'm sorry if your not smart enough to read this note I left on your car." do that.

20. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Nah, just stick with the old "If you fuck like you park, you'll never get it in"

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice