General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

  1. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    Wow
    Wouldn't be possible here
     
  2. Garage13

    Garage13
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2025
    Messages:
    201
    One is in Ireland where people not having their drivers liscence is quite common, and the other is quite old school, i.e she doesn't own a smart phone, our only way of communicating her it through written letters. The shops are close enough so no real need for her to own a car, and she can walk to the library when she wants to use a computer.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
  4. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    Yeah it was a little souped up. That's my favorite
    Grandpa owned mostly GM but he had a '67 Galaxie 7-Liter and he has an F100 right now. My grandma's dad never liked Ford so she's mostly GM because of that. She did have a Rambler Dodge and a Jeep too.
    They didn't pass it down though. I don't even think my mom has ever owned an American car
     
  5. Potato

    Potato
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1,161
    I still own this car and I love it. My favorite thing is the reliability. Besides that my favorite is that it is fun to drive, followed by its style and comfort.
    I've put 30k miles on this car over 4 years. It has never let me down. I rate ownership 9/10. -1 point for limited availability of replacement parts in the states.
     
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Tuner from America

    Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2018
    Messages:
    1,243
    Ive sold my XJ Jag and bought a new to me R129 SL500. Its a 99MY built in November '98, has the M113 5 liter V8 with the 722.6 5spd automatic, Magma Red over Java Nappa Leather, Bi-Xenon headlights, Bose audio, integrated car phone, auto/power everything, a good service history and only 80k miles (and yes I do have the matching red hardtop its on in the interior photos).
    20260117_134333.jpg 20260116_181110.jpg 20260116_181418.jpg
     
    • Like Like x 5
  7. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
    Bitchin' !

    A Fifth Avenue and an SL500, baby your a made man !
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
    How many people still on the forums here driving anything over 45 years old? Seems like they used to number some amount here before they just... Dispersed. Excepting @bussin.buses of course, actually Mr Bussin, have you managed to get that daily driver status yet?

    Edit:
    I have no idea how to ping people with normal forum messages, any help would be greatly appreciated
     
    #20228 combatwombat96, Feb 1, 2026
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2026
  9. Deleted member 599602

    Deleted member 599602
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    just do @ then username (ex: @combatwombat96), no spaces
     
  10. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
    Thanks!
     
  11. trm7

    trm7
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2016
    Messages:
    499
    im picking up a ran when parked all original all complete 78 ford country squire thats been sitting in a feild for awhile next tuesday. Pretty excited i really like old station wagons especially the country squire so when i saw the car i had to have it.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  12. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
    Any pics?
     
  13. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    I could but I haven't. I haven't driven it in a while because MN road salt sucks & work has kinda diverted my attention. Also I still haven't installed the block heater so I gotta do that
    Maybe this summer I'll drive it but then it would get a ton of miles put on it. We'll see
    Definitely want to drive it more though
    Eagle_Drivin.jpeg
     
  14. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
    So where does the block heater attach to, ive never seen one before
     
  15. MotherTrucker02

    MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2016
    Messages:
    136
    The block, duh. :p Usually either in a threaded port for that purpose or it just replaces one of the freeze plugs.
    blockheater3975628.jpg That loop heats up the coolant when plugged into wall power. Makes cold starts much easier.
     
  16. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    Actually I have a circulating one with a tank. Already had it sitting around
    IMG_8595.jpeg
     
  17. MotherTrucker02

    MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2016
    Messages:
    136
    Interesting, never seen one like that before. Just splices into a coolant hose wherever it will fit?
     
  18. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
    Ah so it replaces one of the core plugs if its for something that never had one then

    Ooooh that a fancy looking one
     
  19. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
    I reverse parallel parked the other day, and i can now shift without the clutch in the cranes/tractors at work almost 95% of the time. Nothing beats the feeling of having the pedal to the metal then perfectly timing and rev matching an upshift in something that's falling apart around you as your absolutely flying at 20 mph
     
  20. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
    Today is the day that four years ago I bought the Valiant, its also the day I learnt some one I used to see quite often had died a few days ago, in car crash no less
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice