Released Gavril Vertex NA2- a mod with 24 months put into it 3.4 Rework

Completely reworked. The most customizable vehicle in the game! 101 configs and 1300 parts to choose

1. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

It should be some time in the next 2 months. Finally.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Drummerboy189

Drummerboy189
    Expand Collapse

good bc there is alot of people that is excited for it to arrive and also bc it is a facelifted version and revamped as well

3. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

There is no facelift

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nacho Problem

Nacho Problem
    Expand Collapse

where did you get the facelift from ??

5. TacoDoritos

TacoDoritos
    Expand Collapse

from joe!!!!!!!! :rofl:

6. Skoda_Lover

Skoda_Lover
    Expand Collapse

He means that the front lights are different from the previous ones

7. Nacho Problem

Nacho Problem
    Expand Collapse

yeah but thats just a design change, thats not a facelift

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It's like the Moonhawk "facelift", different headlights and nothing else lol
    --- Post updated ---
    This mod, even in its current state, is a masterpiece. Near dev quality in many ways, and so many innovative extra things. Customizable air fuel ratio and camshaft timing - how????? This is revolutionary! The customizable aero system, although it's not enabled yet, looks really promising too! Breakable suspension and bumper supports... Amazing. CONSOLE CLEAN OF ERRORS AND WARNINGS - This is so rare nowadays, great job! Functional dash triggers are a nice touch as well - there is even a key you can twist and it works and animates properly! Working cruise control... Wow. Breakable mirrors, why don't vanilla cars have them? Also overall top tier Jbeam work with no excessive forces and no stress aside from the floor and suspension where it's expected to be.

Some small complaints from me, they are very minor compared to overall quality:
    • Hood Jbeam could be better. Exactly the same problem as the 4Runner mod used to have. Check that thread for a description of how to improve it. It is literally the only part that has Jbeam issues though, everything else is spot on!
    • Light props seem to use Automation-based placement with extra nodes. This is prone to prop inversion, I would advise doing it like on normal cars.
    • There seems to be an interior sound deadening system from the Pessima, but the seats don't affect the sound, maybe you forgot about them.
    • Glass is barely visible from the inside, should be more imo.
    • Would be nice to be able to lower the radio volume more if possible, to have it like ambient sounds if you know what I mean.
    Somehow the mod almost has a vanilla car feel to it. Might be due to how good the new model is. Keep up the amazing work, can't wait for full version!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bolt2407_Beamfan

Bolt2407_Beamfan
    Expand Collapse

10. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

Wow that’s a TON of constructive criticism! Thanks for the tips. Do you happen to have a link to the 4Runner thread? I‘d like to take a look then
    Regarding the props, I did that because I could not be assed to trial and error place all of the lights on the car… it’s SO annoying to get the position you want.
    I didn’t know the seats did anything about the deadening, I just took over some things irons in the pessima‘s body, I’ll see what I can find now as I added it a while ago.
    The glass is invisible from inside as to not make it reflect and make looking out a pain. Base game cars do the same. You can see what I mean with the reflections when you break the windshield.
    I guess I can add a 0.7 volume… or I can adjust the way the volume gets translated into sound source volume… yeah! That’s it.

In case you wondered HOW I did AFR tuning…
    E6AC3F8D-387C-4A1A-AD94-1CF5D7AFE904.png
    yeah. Basically, I used a graph plotter to plot a parabola graph. I used a fuckton of case functions to check whether or not a turbocharger is applied, which shifts the peak of the parabola‘s peak point for torque. It also affect backfire, fuel consumption and exhaust particles using some changed functions.

…About the Camshaft timing… a lot simpler. It‘s an idea I carried over from my Universal Automation Mod WIP build.
    6D383A14-8EC9-46DC-9018-3014C0814584.png
    There is the value you set in the tuning menu, which has a multiplier attached to it, determining how much it can affect the torque curve at certain points

About the aero system, it IS enabled! The variables are not meant to be adjusted. They are just part of my workaround to things like +$scaleDragCoef not working for adding or subtracting drag. So I had to use variables which overwrite one another and in the end get added up in the scaleDragCoef parameter to achieve the effect I wanted. I recommend removing body panels from your car and taking a look at it again :3 and then seeing it‘s new top speed. You‘ll notice it‘s a lot slower as removing the stuff INCREASED drag instead of decreasing it like every other car has it. This system also allows add on parts to reduce the drag coefficient. For example, a clad undertray, clad front end, drag wing, wheel covers etc can then lower the coefficient. Making a full car that looks like…
    263FB4C8-ADBA-4303-B1B2-59DDF16633AC.png
    …This, the way you can make it go the fastest! (Without cheating and just installing the drag multiplier for the Deo Volente config and setting drag to 0.01…) :p

• Like Like x 5
  11. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

you're a genius

12. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

I make this the Nissan Altima of the BeamNG world
    screenshot_2022-06-09_19-44-43.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Wrong, they use 2 layers of glass, reflective on the outside and not reflective on the inside. Check the Bastion as an example, it has this solution implemented with PBR unlike the others.
    Here is the stuff from the 4Runner thread I referred to, the rigidifier in your case is for the hood because your doors are fine
    20220609_135211.jpg
    20220609_135232.jpg
    Also, removing panel increases drag? Another revolutionary thing! You should probably make it more clear in the variable descriptions because I totally missed it!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

Yes I know they use 2 layers, I have 2 layers too. Every beam cars has PBR glass at this point.
    Also I suppose i can adjust the descriptions a bit.
    Thanks for the info!

15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

If you have 2 layers then you should just make the inside one more visible then

16. TacoDoritos

TacoDoritos
    Expand Collapse

amazing

17. Nacho Problem

Nacho Problem
    Expand Collapse

its a ford taurus x foxus please cease

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. TacoDoritos

TacoDoritos
    Expand Collapse

For some reason my custom songs don't play. The names show up in the selector but the song's sound is missing

19. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

Check console and also check if the path is correct

20. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

There seems to be a node on the trunk that acts weird when its pulled, its around the trunk brake light

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice