WIP Beta released Gavril Vendetta 0.8

Said to be one of America's finest creations... Ever.

1. 1968 Dodge Dart

1968 Dodge Dart
    Expand Collapse

You know what you should do after this @Driv3r1142, Make a smaller one, like the Ibishu M/S (Mini Sport) So the it would be like the Opel GT and the Corvette, or call it the Burnside Mini Jet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. ConcordeLXi

ConcordeLXi
    Expand Collapse

Gavril Toro?

• Like Like x 1
  3. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I decided to ask that only the names of concern get removed. Its kinda fun to see what other people think around here, that's why I put it up.

Umm, idk on that one.

I was set on this being a Gavril since it's using a ton of Barstow bits and pieces, and it'd be desperately noticable when a Gavril V8 is under the hood instead of a Bruckell V8.

Cobra might be in the same situation as my GT name suggestion.

I was thinking about the GT name suggestion I put forward, and I think I could still do it as Grand Tourer, though I would need help with an actual word instead of that mis mash of english.

There are many cars that have GT in their name, its not just the Ford GT. Opel had a car named GT, for instance. I think I could still do it.

Ferrari had a GTO, and Pontiac made a version of the LeMans called the GTO, though Idk if they could do that because it was technically a name for a package (Hence I could name a config "Gavril Sporter GT",) or if they could just do it.

I like the idea, though I would have to choose a European brand from the official concept list, wherever that thing is :p

I will definitely keep the m/s in there. Its gonna be awhile before I consider addons or badge engineered versions, though I will keep them in mind.

Idk, I honestly don't like how that sounds atm.

Can someone with more copyright understanding explain what should be kept in mind when naming a car?

5. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Just don’t use anything that has the same name that a company already uses. To avoid copyright it’s as simple as changing a letter (ex: Penske to Penzke) or for a model it can be as simple as changing the slightest thing (a light, or door shape, whatnot).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

I think it should be named the Gavril Montage.

7. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Gavril sharknose

(Corvette c3 was called sharknose if you don't know.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I have cut off adding names to the poll at this point, I agree I didn't forsee it would be this messy.Instead I will narrow down the poll with the help of a moderator.

So far the 3 top options are Barsette, Vendetta, and Grand Tourer (GT is usable I think, but is a risk due to how the moderators may see copyright.)

GT may not be allowed to be the sole name of the make due to the similarities with the Opel GT, However I can use it as a sub-name for a config. So that leaves Vendetta and Barsette.

I am currently looking for synonyms for the GT abbreviation in question, I think the concept that's being voted for can stay, but the words will change.

I am going to arrange a new poll with those 2 name options on it with the moderators. If the Abbreviation G.T is to be used in the name, it must be an abbreviation with different words that mean the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

Imo
    Gavril sporter is kinda nice
    Compare with other names (mine too)
    too cancerous...

#69 Peter Beamo, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
  10. BaneArisen

BaneArisen
    Expand Collapse

I've been waiting for someone to release classic muscle cars and trucks and you have really gone above and beyond to bring these cars to the community and give you great props. Cant wait to see this car come out in the future. I have a couple suggestions but im not sure how relevant they are at this stage of the mod.

For engine textures are we going to be seeing the MoonHawk engine or the one from the Burnside, I ask this mainly because in my opinion the MoonHawk engine does not have the same appeal. A suggestion would be perhaps having the different grade of engines to vary between the 2 depending on quality and size. Custom engine textures would be interesting to see as well on the car but im guessing this may be alot of work for you to do.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also out of curiosity are you taking any future mod requests?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I am starting to agree with you after some of the stuff I've seen so far.

The only other names I would personally use are; what it is right now, Barsette (Combination of the Barstow and Corvette names in reference to the parts I am using and creating,) and Vendetta.

And that is what the poll is starting to show, though I am going to ask that the poll be removed and replaced with one with these options to chose from now that I have a sense of what people are thinking;

Sporter (Current name)

Barsette

Vendetta

1; I love classic cars, despite the ancient technology that lies beneath many of their bodies, it makes them fun, especially in a sandbox simulator.
    My dream car was once a Corvette, though now really I don't have any set dream car since I like most cars anymore.

2.a; I am going the Gavril/Burnside route in terms of engines. The Special's V8 may or may not make it in, but the Barstow's engines will end up in there.

2.b; I have considered making my own engine block for the car to match my more simplistic way I model the components underneath the car, and this is what I have so far;

eb2239ef2fce6d3b3bd98cc1338f6863.png

Its very simple, somewhat inaccurate, and is incomplete, though if I can't squeeze the Barstows Big V8 blocks under the hood I will use this instead. Which also inevitably means custom UVs and textures.

3; I don't really take requests for cars. I just do what I feel I want to do at that moment in time. I tend to do quick 2 week projects sometimes, though none of them make it far enough for a release, at-least so far.

Idk if anyone would be interested, but I have been considering exploring the realm of pre-war cars and trucks from the 20s through to the start of the 40s. After I do this mod, and fix my other mods, I would like to explore a few of those.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I think people might thing Vendetta (while it sounds better) would be better suiting for a van. I would go with Barsette.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

We will see what happens. I personally like Barsette, though I was hoping that the community could suggest better names.

That would also set the model years to be including the Barstows first model year, and would go on through to 1972.

I have considered the possibility of doing front and rear face lifts to do the crash bumper era Corvettes, though Idk if I could manage the UVs for such a project yet. I am starting with this, and if I feel like I can add more stuff, I will.

14. Pyro Shepherd

Pyro Shepherd
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Gavril Quaker?

15. BaneArisen

BaneArisen
    Expand Collapse

Im quite interested in seeing some of your other work with 20's to 40's cars but it interests me alot more of cars from the late 50's up to the 70's personally i found this was truly the golden age for american cars and trucks. Take my 71 c10 for example. It sat in bushes for a good 15 years before i got a hold of it and it started right up with only a couple of carb issues. This time period is when some of the best cars (in my opinion) were brought to life.

I also like the slimplistic look of that engine. Would it be possible to get a custom variant with chrome headers? That is if you are planning on making the headers painted by default.

I know currently your not foccusing on modifications but it would be cool to see a custom tube frame variant in the future aswell as its always something pleasing to see in a classic muscle car.

Keep it up tho the mod looks amazing so far :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Also one thing i feel is off about your engine model atm is if feels to short at the top the airfilter seems to be a tad low and dosent leave space for the carb. It would look more correct if you added in some form of carb underneath it.

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Would you add something like this for facelift?

• Like Like x 6
  17. BaneArisen

BaneArisen
    Expand Collapse

Another cool feature of this car that i dont recall seeing in beamng is a true and proper funnycar or prostreet dragster. Seeing as you may be planning a facelift you could attempt to do a fiberglass front cover for drag racing that leaves room for some crazy modifications. Seeing as corvetts are often used in drag racing for their light bodies and large front subframes.

Attached Files:

• pro-mod-5.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I've personally been considering a form of that to be on the car by default but with chrome vents and possibly some cleverly put in chrome bumpers.

There is a reason why the air cleaner and carb are a tad bit low, unfortunately :/
    I had to use 2 different print sets for the Corvette. One for the body, the other for the frame, suspension components, and the engine block.

For some reason, while everything's modeled correctly, the engine is too tall for the vette. Its based around the dimensions of a 350 small block too, which is even more bewildering.

Now there is a chance that I modeled the hood too low, however when the lines are drawn out where the prints don't show, the body seems to be right where it should be.

The Barstow engines do not fit under the hood at all with a carb and air cleaner, but that's no surprise because its the same damn big block mesh for both small and big blocks. Neither does the i6 fit.

We will see. If everyone wants tons of parts, I will have to ditch doing skin UVs unless someone wants to step in and help me out on those (When it's time.)

Today I was mostly sleeping, recovering from some extreme sleep deprivation. However, I went ahead and defined the body curves on the front a bit more, and started work on the next element of the center console;

cac29daebaae728d9295a0c7bd4defbd.png

The thing in the top left with the 4 indents in it will be the shifter console once I get far enough along to use it.

And you can see in the light reflections that I sharpened up the body lines on top a tad bit. Its barely noticable in other lighting angles, which is the point. Subtle details make all the difference if you can add them in.

I was also spending some time improving poly flow and shading on the front clip.

19. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

I think it should be called Gavril Mantarraya (Spanish for Stingray).

• Like Like x 1
  20. gameclick109

gameclick109
    Expand Collapse

looking good so far

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice