1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril T75

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Sep 11, 2013.

1. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

It's basically completely done and has been in the game for over one and a half years...

2. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I'm aware. I was just too lazy to modify my post when I saw it was 2013

• Like Like x 2
  3. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible for the T series to ever have a 6-speed manual transmission in the near future?

4. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I almost feel like with the loads this thing is designed to handle and with the size of the powerband, a 6 speed would be to big of a jump in between ratios to get any kind of usability out of it... I could be wrong though.

5. Jacky_is_me

Jacky_is_me
    Expand Collapse

Semi trucks have usually have a 10,12,13 or 18 speed transmission

PS: Don't know why I'm posting here in 2016
    --- Post updated ---
    6-SPEED TRANSMISSION THATS CRAZY! wouldn't be enough gears

6. Chompy185

Chompy185
    Expand Collapse

6-Speed with 3.73 gearing would be good for Yard Dogs

7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'd love to see a more g27 frendly transmission control system. (Like the ATS one )
    Now I can only shift up to 6th gear withoud using paddle shifters...

Also I think It would be great if shifter positions shouldn't be attached to specific gears but to vehicle gear shifter position ( so for eg. Reverse on the t series would be in shifter pos 1 but on normal manual cars reverse would be in reverse shifter position. Also changes to how shifter wokrs with automatic would be much appreciated (I'm having problem with cars not going in gear without holding my foot on the brakes and making sure that the clytch is not pressed)

8. rnd2k

rnd2k
    Expand Collapse

Hello guy's it will be a real fun to add a cabover version of this chassis

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Squatch32560

Squatch32560
    Expand Collapse

aaaand it's out!!!! Just need to figure out how to raise the bed

10. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

What are you talking about?

11. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

He is talking about the dumper in the new update with the T-Series.

12. Squatch32560

Squatch32560
    Expand Collapse

I thought this forum was about the dump truck. My bad

13. MKPanther

MKPanther
    Expand Collapse

It's about the truck, not only the dump bed lol

14. PresidentJukeBox

PresidentJukeBox
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone here have a specification for the Dry Van Trailer given to us?

15. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

After having driven this truck in all of its configurations (some of which were heavily modified to give out over 14,000 horsepower and 27,000 newton-meters of torque), I have a question about the shift points that I've had for a few days.

Recently, I've been trying to keep the T-Series's 10.6-liter turbocharged L6 in the green rev range (about 1,250-1,750 RPM) at all times (with high success), as you can see here. I've got the T-Series in 11th gear going 57 mph, and the engine is at almost 1,500 RPM. Typically, I try to upshift at ~1,750 RPM and downshift at ~1,250 RPM to keep the engine in the green rev range. Is this the fastest way to drive the T-Series, or should I let it rev higher to potentially get more power and go faster?
    screenshot_00009.png
    I noticed in the torque curve that peak power comes on at ~1,750 RPM, which is where I upshift according to the tach in the interior. But I also saw that the power curve stays consistent to ~2,000 RPM, which is lower than where I used to upshift (~2,500 RPM).
    screenshot_00010.png
    My usual purpose for the T-Series is as a chase vehicle against cars like the lower-tier or base-model versions of the Moonhawk, Pigeon, Covet, and other Class 1-4 vehicles, in case if you were wondering.
    screenshot_00007.png screenshot_00008.png

16. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

This is a question that trips people up all the time. The first thing to realize is that what matters is torque at the wheels, not at the engine.

Say you had a vehicle with one fixed gear ratio. The vehicle accelerates fastest at peak engine torque, because, through the fixed gear ratio, that's where peak torque occurs at the wheels as well.

Next, imagine you have a choice of 2 gear ratios, in a problem where you need to accelerate fastest off the mark from a given speed. You can choose the tall gear that starts you at peak torque rpm, or the short gear that starts you at peak power rpm. In this case the peak power choice is best, because the shorter gear multiplies the engine torque more as it reduces engine speed more to match road speed. The rpm where the engine makes the most power is the rpm where the most wheel torque can be generated, given ideal choice of gear ratio.

The next thing to consider is that you have fixed gear ratio choices, and need to stay in the gear for some range of rpm. Starting at peak power but then having power drop immediately off as rpm rises may be less ideal than starting some point before peak power and running through the peak before shifting.

So, given this dyno chart I'd say it's probably ideal to shift around 1.9 to 2k at least once you are out of the very low gears.

• Informative Informative x 8
  17. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Is it fine to skip gears instead of having individually having to shift up everytime or would it be better to individually shift every gear? I don't really like having to shit up 6-7 times until gearing becomes more spaced.

18. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Yes I think that's totally fine, on something like the semi, the shift time as well as boost lag can penalize things to the point where it is faster to skip gears. I'm pretty sure truck drivers do it all the time when not pulling heavy loads.

19. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Ooooh...so, I should be upshifting in the second yellow rev range instead. Interesting. Thankfully, though, the T-Series is the only vehicle in the game so far with such precise markings for rev ranges, and I assume that the green rev range is for maximum engine torque (which is good for towing).

Yep, that's totally fine. I usually skip to 5th or 6th gear with the T-Series and keep it at no lower than those gears (unless I'm going really slowly). It's a LOT faster in drag racing, as you'll be in the torque curve for a lot longer and you'll get up to those taller gears a lot quicker.

20. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

I think the green range is where the engine is the most efficient. That's what Euro Truck taught me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice