1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril T75

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Sep 11, 2013.

1. B25Mitch

B25Mitch
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Designer
    BeamNG Team

It was an accident, my bad :p

I'll put them back in; some of the nodes they were attached to aren't there any more.

2. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

I also noticed that there are thrusters on the Front Rear axle, which is on the T-75 and Short Frame T-65.

3. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

me and my buddy thought it was like that to remove extra nodes and beams to the point of limited cameras. :p

Guess not. :)

4. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

What magic did you guys do to this thing? I can now run it at full speed with very little slowdown! Pretty damn cool.

5. jbrick3

jbrick3
    Expand Collapse

T-Series Turbo?

So guys, Did you know that the T-series has a TURBO? I didn't find that out until today, when I was destroying a Cadillac Series 62. Man, it really adds to the experience of crash-testing using non-modded vehicles. So if you're having trouble downloading a large vehicle mod, don't sweat!

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Re: T-Series Turbo?

Considering it was stated to be a turbodiesel from day 1 which somewhat obviously includes a turbo, yes. Also the fact it is a diesel truck, find a naturally aspirated diesel semi truck, they dont exist.

7. Jawsoflife353

Jawsoflife353
    Expand Collapse

Re: T-Series Turbo?

I think he meant the "Press T and fly away at 200 MPH" turbo which is part of the plow mod.

8. firestarspelt

firestarspelt
    Expand Collapse

anyone else notice the rear duals jbeam is now 1 wheel instead of 2 bolted together :(

9. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

It makes for better FPS

10. Girardin71

Girardin71
    Expand Collapse

what happen to the t button on this truck, can't can't believe you took it off. Please put it back make the truck more fun to use.

11. ARY5588

ARY5588
    Expand Collapse

:confused: what was the function of the t button?

12. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

There was a thruster somewhere on the T75 that wasn't supposed to be there when the update got released. So they fixed it this update.

13. firestarspelt

firestarspelt
    Expand Collapse

appearantly the intake is the axle because the thing drowns in a foot of water screenshot_00004.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

@gabester Earlier in development having a night cab would make performance a lot worse for the t-75. Now that there has been optimization to the t-75 which improves performance a lot will we see something like a night cab and trailers soon?

All the optimizations are great and it is now one of my favorite vehicles and having another cab and a trailer would be awesome!

Dummiesman's trailer mod it great, but it would be cool to have an official trailer that could be opened and have an interior.

15. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Just wanna point out, the actual intake is the radiator, that big grey thing at the very front of the truck.

16. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Don't try to explain things if you have no flipping clue what you're talking about. A lot of kids on this forum have a nasty habit of doing this.

The radiator is not an intake; it's a heat exchanger. That's why it's called a radiator instead of an intake. The engine is fed air from the scoops protruding from the cab in front of the doors. The piping you see on the top of the engine guides the air to the intake manifolds.

Beam handles water damage by defining nodes that kill the engine when submerged. One of the devs probably used the lower engine nodes instead of the upper by mistake.

• Like Like x 3
  17. not_dis_profil

not_dis_profil
    Expand Collapse

Maybe even a cabover version? Like Kenworth K100 or Pete 376.

Attached Files:

• kenworth-k100-wallpaper-lp4zcl2a.jpg
    • Peterbilt_362_pic_32911.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  18. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

I have a question on the gearing for this truck...

I don't see how it could have two sticks, two reverse gears, and 13 forward gears...

The stick on the left is presumably the transmission shifter, and the one on the right could either be for a multi speed rear end (two speed in this case, since it has "two" reverse gears), or an auxiliary trans built into the regular one (which would work just like a multi speed rear end for all intents and purposes). I would assume that it has the former, since it has a bulbous portion prior to the rear end that accepts the drive-shaft at an offset, implying that there is some sort of gearing happening inside of it.
    tttttt.jpg

So shouldn't it have an even number of forward gears..?

From what I understand, rigs like this one generally have 4-6 gears in the trans and a secondary "range" selector that lets you go from low to high gearing. Since this truck has no splitter switch, you would run through the pattern like normal with the second stick in "low", and then shift back into the "1st" gear position with the other stick in "high" to get 6-12 (or 5-8 if it only has 4 trans gears).

The only real life 13 speed transmissions I have found were either way too old for the T-series, or require a splitter and have one stick. The Mack B-series had duplex, triplex, and quadruplex gearboxes that were a nightmare to drive and were phased out in 1966. The number of reverse gears was based on the aux trans, and the only one with 13 gears was the triplex, meaning that it would have three reverse gears. Modern 13 speeds require a splitter switch on the side of the transmission lever, which the T-series doesn't have. Here is a picture of a gear splitter for reference, it's that grey switch on the side.
    T800B 010.jpg

Since the T-series has no splitter, and is too new to be a triplex trans, It would only make sense for it to have 8, 10, 12, or maybe even 14 gears, but not 13.

#858 speednsnake, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Chompy185

Chompy185
    Expand Collapse

The right is the High and Low gears.

20. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but I don't think you read my post.
    Also I don't think you're supposed to post full size images anymore

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice