1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril T75

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Sep 11, 2013.

1. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Mhm.

Taken from a quick search:

"It depends on the weight the truck is designed to haul.
    'Most' trucks have 9 or 10 speed transmissions. That is the common denominator in many trucks driving down the roadways today. But, there are 13, 15, 18 and even 21 speed trucks driving down the road as well."

2. magnum20

magnum20
    Expand Collapse

12 Speeds seems good to me. It would correspond to 6 gears doubled in high and low (1 - 1.5 - 2 - 2.5 - 3...).

I went for a ride a few years ago in this awesome Gavril and it had 12 gears if i recall.

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

3. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I never knew there was such a thing as semi-truck rice. Now I know.

4. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I went for a ride in my Uncle's Peterbuilt when i was little. I do believe it had 16. Of course when bob-tailing, you only need to use 5 or 6 gears.

#64 redrobin, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  5. hevymetltrukr

hevymetltrukr
    Expand Collapse

Im a truck driver 10+ years. The most common transmissions are 10, 13 and 18 speeds. Most fleet trucks are 10 or 13...with the 18's being more for heavier loads or more severe terrain. An 18 is basically an 8 speed in which each gear can be split from high to low and also a granny gear on the bottom end that can be split.and almost all the engines are I-6... I believe 12.7 liter range anywhere from 400 to 650 HP.

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

My stepdad owned a haulage company, almost entire fleet consisted of 16 gear with inline 6 engines (also had an inline 4, none of this V8 nonsense from the previous page). I6 may not sound like much but then each cylinder does end up being around 1 litre or sometimes more even, my car only has a 1 litre displacement for the entire engine.

And that is 16, not 18. I'm british, we use 8, 10, 12 or 16 speed for manual transmissions in lorries/trucks. The so called "conventional" cab basically doesnt exist here at all, Cab over engine makes up 99% of tractor units, allows for a larger payload within the same length vehicle and also a smaller turning circle (considering that most roads in britain and the rest of europe are following damn old routes and hardly straight or run through towns laid out before the idea of carriages having the fit down the gaps :p)

7. Christina!

Christina!
    Expand Collapse

I can't wait to see this in game, will we get a reefer to go with it? I can't wait to be eastbound and down!

8. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I think this truck needs a 13 speed 360hp 970-1100tq. Looks epic id prefer this be the next released vehicle for the game. Not a big fan of the pigeon.

9. nathan12276

nathan12276
    Expand Collapse

what pegion?

10. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

This one. Ibishu-Pigeon

11. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Most American semi trucks are pretty tough.. I hope that the front end doesn't just go smoosh as that doesn't happen to real semis.. (But, I know that you guys will make it accurate :D)

truck-accident.jpg

12. rsb0204

rsb0204
    Expand Collapse

As an OTR driver ive seen quite a few trucks in accidents, and you might be supprised just how much "smooshing" goes on. the thing you have to remember about rigs is, while the frame and bumpers are extremely thick and well built, the hood and bodywork don't have any real structural reinforcement. these things are built like a car from the 60's, thick heavy frame, but the body is just thin sheet metal and fiberglass. but because 4whellers are so short, they mostly make contact with the bumper when hit and therefore do little damage to the rig. however if a truck hits something higher than its frame rails (say a trailer on another truck) it will cave in like a pinto.
    las-vegas-accident-lawyer-300x162.jpg
    and god forbid you roll one.
    paulbsoutherland-tractor-trailer-accident-ok.jpg
    Overturned-tractor-trailer.jpg
    By the way, love the truck. reminds me of a old international eagle, used to be real popular around here.

#72 rsb0204, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  13. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I have to wonder sometimes, when it comes to gearboxes, that at some point the weight of the gearbox has to start to undo the whole point of a gearbox in the first place. a 21 speed Semi sized gearbox must weigh a hell of a lot.

14. Mario211

Mario211
    Expand Collapse

How far is the truck now??

15. rsb0204

rsb0204
    Expand Collapse

Are you planning on doing different hoods and bumpers? totally changes to look without changing the cab and sleeper, like the peterbuilt 386 and 389 only exterior differences are the hood, bumper, exhaust location (its behind the cab on a 386), side skirts, and breathers. but the cab sleeper and frame are the same between the two trucks. and with daycabs the hood makes up most of the bodywork. so you could have say an aerodynamic hood and some skirts to represent a newer rig, a boxy hood and a set of breathers to represent a older rig. you could probably even round the hood off a bit and narrow it towards the front to make it look like a classic truck.

In the us trucks generaly use inline 6 engines, mine has a 14.8L 455hp Detroit I6, for heavy haul applications there are v12s and v8s but they are quite rare. in the 90s trucks in the us started using the I6 almost exclusively, but in the 70s v12s were popular kenworth used them a lot back then. v8s haven't been popular ever sence mack stoped making the superliner, many of witch had v8s.

as far as transmissions go, these days its pretty much just 10,13,and 18 speeds. 10 speeds are arguably the most popular, they are the easiest to use and come with most trucks as the base trans. 13 speeds are generaly found in "classic" style trucks like the pete 379, the kenworth w900, and the freightliner classic. 18s are generaly reserved for heavy haul applications. before these transmissions came around duplex and ocasionaly triplex transmissions filled the gap, they were basicly 2 manual transmissions back to back. the first trans had 3 to 5 gears in most cases and the second hand 2 to 3 gears plus reverse, these older transmissions had two sticks and an air clutch and as you can imagine, they were quite a challenge to drive.

16. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I would agree with the people about the Duel stuff...I mean as an option make it look like the 1955 Peterbilt 281 from Duel...

17. james jesse

james jesse
    Expand Collapse

I agree I think a version "duel" would be cool. :)

18. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Gabester, could you please tell us how far the T75 is in WIP? Do you still need to do alot or can we expect some news soon? :D

19. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It's not dead. New wheels and tires in-game, and fuel tanks modeled and in-game (and dentable/detachable)

t75_newwheelsandfueltanks.jpg
    t75_fueltankcrunch.jpg

Next I'll probably make node/beam for the cab and hood/fenders, and model an engine/transmission

20. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

WOW! It's better than before. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice