1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril H15 Vanster

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 1, 2012.

1. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

I'm aware of what a Centurion is. I watch Regular Car Reviews.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

If I weren't an absolute 0 of 3D design. The fact that by code the D and H series share so much, the van conversion is as easy as coping the H series body files and changing the slot of the body to the D-Series cab slot.
    Of course the D-Series bumper dont mach but hey, 5 minute 0 effort mod.
    Edit:
    Here it is, for all of you to mess around.

Attached Files:

#162 acynder, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It's not every day that I get to click the red check box ;)

This is another suggestion for something I saw on a YouTube episode from Dirt Every Day, a Vemco Spicer V-Drive.

Vemco is a company from Indiana that was putting these things onto third gen Chevy G-Series and third gen Ford E-Series vans. Everything behind the transfer case is normal while ahead of the transfer case lies one driveshaft and differential per wheel. I've never heard of these but they are so weird that I can't not suggest it. The vehicle model in beam makes this game perfect for this sorta weird stuff, and it would certainly be a unique option for the H-Series.

Some history on them: Trail’s End: May 1965, V is for V-Drive
    TLDR: Chevy contracted Dana engineers in '65 to do something for their Blazers, vans, and station wagons and they came up with this, which obviously did not catch on.

As for the inevitable "leave it to the modders"... Yes, this is certainly out there, but like I said above Beam's vehicle model makes this game perfect for showing off weird stuff. It would be nice to include some oddities and failed experiments officially.

As for the inevitable "But the H-Series is a late 1990/early 2000 Gavril, not a late 1970's Chevy or Ford". Yes, that is correct. And I don't care. The H-Series could easily get a pre-facelift to push the year back that far anyway...

#163 ManfredE3, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice