1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril H15 Vanster

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 1, 2012.

1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

What part(s) do you think is/are too strong?

2. rnd2k

rnd2k
    Expand Collapse

The Body is too strong, its actually one of the strongest vehicles in impact, the metal should be weaker, like D series for example. Also T series will be interesting with Fiberglass hood, like the real trucks :)

3. pippoose14 2

pippoose14 2
    Expand Collapse

It would, but I don't think Beam is optimezed to do that and still get a decent framerate yet.

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Are you refering to the fiberglass hood? There's a few vehicles that have fiberglass & carbon fiber hood options now, and the tanker trailer has similar deformation.

And I'm not sure the H-Series is "too" strong. When I was a child one of my parent's employees had a serious crash in one of our late 90's Econolines, rolled a fair number of times. The truck held up about as well as the H-Series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

what lol

6. pippoose14 2

pippoose14 2
    Expand Collapse

simulate fiberglass breakage

7. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Cargo van bodies are usually pretty stout (depending on the direction of impact) owing to the sheer amount of uninterrupted sheet metal and internal reinforcement

Hit it on a corner or edge though, and a lot of that structural integrity disappears:
    screenshot_2020-05-23_10-58-25.png

The reason the H-series holds up so well in most car-to-car collisions has less to do with the body and more to do with the frame. A colliding vehicle strikes the van and crumples the body until it hits the frame, which stands up the impact and allows the van to be pushed away, which takes up the remaining energy.
    Take a look at these pictures. In the first one, I struck the rear corner of the H-series with the Roamer on level ground, and in the last two, I used a low ramp to raise the impact up above the frame:

screenshot_2020-05-23_11-02-13.png screenshot_2020-05-23_11-05-01.png screenshot_2020-05-23_11-05-12.png

This is why the team has been putting so much effort into making frames separable from bodies during the remasters - if the two were firmly attached, some of the frame's stiffness would prevent the body from deforming properly.

As for the T-series, I can't confirm this, but it seems that at some point over the International Eagle 9300's multi-decade production run, hoods were changed over from steel to fiberglass, meaning that there were some of both available.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice