1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril H15 Vanster

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 1, 2012.

1. pippoose14 2

pippoose14 2
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It would, but I don't think Beam is optimezed to do that and still get a decent framerate yet.

2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Are you refering to the fiberglass hood? There's a few vehicles that have fiberglass & carbon fiber hood options now, and the tanker trailer has similar deformation.

And I'm not sure the H-Series is "too" strong. When I was a child one of my parent's employees had a serious crash in one of our late 90's Econolines, rolled a fair number of times. The truck held up about as well as the H-Series.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

what lol

4. pippoose14 2

pippoose14 2
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

simulate fiberglass breakage

5. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Cargo van bodies are usually pretty stout (depending on the direction of impact) owing to the sheer amount of uninterrupted sheet metal and internal reinforcement

Hit it on a corner or edge though, and a lot of that structural integrity disappears:
    screenshot_2020-05-23_10-58-25.png

The reason the H-series holds up so well in most car-to-car collisions has less to do with the body and more to do with the frame. A colliding vehicle strikes the van and crumples the body until it hits the frame, which stands up to the impact and allows the van to be pushed away, which takes up the remaining energy.
    Take a look at these pictures. In the first one, I struck the rear corner of the H-series with the Roamer on level ground, and in the last two, I used a low ramp to raise the impact up above the frame:

screenshot_2020-05-23_11-02-13.png screenshot_2020-05-23_11-05-01.png screenshot_2020-05-23_11-05-12.png

This is why the team has been putting so much effort into making frames separable from bodies during the remasters - if the two were firmly attached, some of the frame's stiffness would prevent the body from deforming properly.

As for the T-series, I can't confirm this, but it seems that at some point over the International Eagle 9300's multi-decade production run, hoods were changed over from steel to fiberglass, meaning that there were some of both available.

#185 YellowRusty, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

i'll be interested to see how they style the higher-end passenger variants when the content update comes out.
    screenshot_2020-06-22_15-55-28.png
    personally, i've always found the existing sealed beam fascia of the H-series a bit weird. compared to the econoline and express work vans of the era, it's headlights are much more small and alone-looking in the massive buckets.

both high end trims have a bit more chrome/colour matched trim, in general, but both also have fancier fascias with unique headlight designs, which in the chevy's case, are designed to imitate the double stacked lights of the C/K (and older generation vans) and even has different, more trying-to-be-a-minivan bumpers,
    where the econoline deviates a bit, but still roughly resembles the Ranger/F150.

what i'm really curious about is how they plan to (or may already have modelled) this higher-end passenger van fascia.
    screenshot_2020-06-22_15-55-29.png
    I'd expect them to give it vertical stacked headlights, first to imitate the ~1992 post-facelift D series fascia, and second because it's the only thing I can think of that takes up that gargantuan space. the only other possiblilty i see is that they retcon the buckets on the existing sealed-beam fascia to be less tall, so they can give it more reasonably sized headlights, more akin to the econoline or ramvan.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  7. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

considering the body is from 1995 and those chevy express vans still use the same body from 1995 with the 2020 models, it seems like the h series could use a 2010/2020 facelift for the front facia

• Agree Agree x 11
  8. racerwill86

racerwill86
    Expand Collapse

am i just stupid but what content update?
    also sorry about the nudge

9. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

like how the d series got the stepside, pre facelift, drag+drift configs, and charro body, etc. and how the romer got the LWB version, the devs have hinted that they're adding content in a similar fashion to the van.

• Like Like x 4
  10. racerwill86

racerwill86
    Expand Collapse

11. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if the h series will finally have side doors

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Chrisoffer

Chrisoffer
    Expand Collapse

I think that the d series retro front really fits the h series as a alternative front.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2020-07-24_22-57-03.png
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Radoslav Klucar

Radoslav Klucar
    Expand Collapse

Did trucks in 70s/80s have fiberglass parts in stock?

14. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

reminds me of gta for some reason

15. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Let's hope we get an airport parking shuttle with this one.

#195 fivedollarlamp, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Deleted member 389508

Deleted member 389508
    Expand Collapse

-

#196 Deleted member 389508, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

I've wanted them to for a very long time myself, but I know that like the D-Series, Grand Marshal, and Roamer, they'll get to it eventually. And they'll also cover vehicles like the Covet and Moonhawk eventually too... and we will even get that darn elusive Soliad Wendover lol

• Like Like x 3
  18. rnd2k

rnd2k
    Expand Collapse

Yes, many of them, actually some of them are entirely fiberglass custom panels on the side. In addition the trucks from 70s till now except peterbilt and freightliner are all with fiberglass cab and hood.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Deleted member 389508

Deleted member 389508
    Expand Collapse

-

#199 Deleted member 389508, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2020
  20. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

if you are waiting, just wait faster instead of throwing a fuss if you are impatient.

• Agree Agree x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice