Released Gavril H15 Supervan

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Mythbuster, Dec 16, 2013.

1. shockwaffleman

shockwaffleman
    Expand Collapse

Ah, okay. I just happened to see the aussie vs brit episode and thought it was from there :/ Thanks for making it clear though!

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Wtf??
    No.
    Bob is a reference to someone from this forum. Should be pretty obvious who got nicknamed "Bob", since I said Bob was an inspiration, and this van is mid-engined.

3. SkritCraft

SkritCraft
    Expand Collapse

dkutch :D

4. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Dur.jpg

OT: I think this is a very fun mod! Makes the van a little more thrilling!

5. K3lp_Boy

K3lp_Boy
    Expand Collapse

Ta Da! I made a supervan skin. If mythbuster gives me permission, I will put a download up.

Attached Files:

• Supervan.png
  6. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Please don't... Maybe if you put more than 10 seconds of effort into it you can make something that looks decent :|

7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I still don't get it. I feel stupid. D:

8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I think it's a reference to dkutch's covet MRi. Which is rear engined, and that could have inspired this. I'm still not sure though.

9. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

He's been called Bob for quite some time now.
    Been called Bob back since ror.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I was never a real big part of the ror community. Sure, I have an account, but I haven't posted in months. I haven't heard him called bob here, either. Maybe I'm just oblivious.

11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

the rear wheels act strange when you remove the body of the van...they shake around alot and the van chassis will not go in a straight line...(I think I might have repeated myself a few times...can the admins please check...if so remove the other 2 comments :) )

12. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

According to the dash, everything goes boom when you turn the high beams on.

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

the glow maps seem to be messed up, if a single light on the dash turns on, so does every single other light on the dash, for example, i drove into water, this happened:

screenshot_00054.png

it turned on the check engine light, which in turn turned on the other dash lights as well, same thing happend when the parking break light comes on, high beam, blinker's, and so on

14. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, lol, wonder what's up with that then. Didn't change it at all from the original van... Will look into it.

EDIT: Urgh, apparantly it's cause it uses files from the upcoming patch that we're testing. You guys will have to deal with it for now, because I don't even have the public version of BeamNG here...

@Robertgracie: Yeah you repeated yourself. I saw it the first time. I'll try and see what's up with it. I don't see why you'd want to take the body off though. You can already do that on the Bolide.

#34 Mythbuster, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  15. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It has nothing to do with using new files from the updated version - you simply broke the glowmap with too much find and replace. All the "h15super" in the glowmap and deformgroups should be "van". For example you're telling it to remap materials like "h15super_lights" which don't even exist (the actual mat is "van_lights"). You should just copy the entire glowmap sections and deformgroup sections back from the default van.

16. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Actually it does exist, because I replaced them all in the van model... Only the one on our btsync had that problem :p Think it has something to do with me renaming the decals_gauges thing as well...

EDIT: Found out why it did that. There's a problem with the default DAE exporter: When you export 1 mesh that uses multiple materials, it'll flicker between those 2 or more materials on the entire object. Never noticed the difference between it and the Collada exporter, because the other projects I exported with the default exporter always had 1 material per mesh, apparantly. Will re-export with the Collada exporter and re-upload as soon as possible.

#36 Mythbuster, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  17. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Correcting one of the games creators, this is very interesting :p

18. LT. Smell My

LT. Smell My
    Expand Collapse

This van is fun. Much fun Myth.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00105.jpg
  19. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Fixed the dash, and deleted the extra wheels/suspension. Please redownload. (Delete the entire car folder and then re-download, otherwise the files will stay there)

20. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

The van is myth too awesome! :cool:
    huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehueheu

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice