1. Stuck, Having problems with creating your mod? Let us help you: Mod Support

WIP Gavril (Grand) Stallion electric luxury sedan

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by coconut_pie, Mar 6, 2019.

1. coconut_pie

coconut_pie
    Expand Collapse

I know about the hight poly issue.
    Though I'm not sure that that's what actually causes spiking as people seem to say. It might just be caused by tris which are too long; i.e. models with terrible polygon flow. Or well, no polygon flow.
    Not sure what to do about the poly situation though, because getting rid of a lot of it leaves with a very rough and angular looking mesh which is undesirable. The stock vehicles look fairly high poly too though, to be honest. I'll have to compare with multiple in-game vehicles as this mesh progresses.

I am keeping these things in mind. Just haven't found a solution to them yet.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm not terribly sure it's too high poly. This is the ETKc which as you can see has a pretty detail mesh.
    upload_2019-3-13_23-45-53.png

I think for now I'm fairly safe on polys. Yes, I can optimise some, get rid of some here and add others here.

I do appreciate all of the feedback though, it helps more than one would expect!

Attached Files:

• upload_2019-3-13_23-44-31.png
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

Great model, I think you could dissolve some edge loops on the hood without loosing it's shape.

3. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

Gavril Grand Stallion. Has a nice ring to it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ihatecheeseguy

Ihatecheeseguy
    Expand Collapse

Which year Mercedes e class will it be?

5. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

It won’t. It’s not even that closely related to an E-class.

6. coconut_pie

coconut_pie
    Expand Collapse

It's based on a recent model Volvo S90 for the general shape of the vehicle. Front has a bit of a muscle car styling to it with the shape of the "grille". I suppose the lower cutout where the foglights are might be reminiscent of an E220d.

The rear trunk length is not based on anything... mainly because modern day saloons have extremely short trunk-lids. I just prefer it long so I made it long. The rear lights are somewhat inspired by the recent Audi A8.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ihatecheeseguy

Ihatecheeseguy
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice