WIP Beta released Gavril D15 Trophy Truck mod

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by RORCAT, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Raylovescars

Raylovescars
    Expand Collapse

Love the mod. And sorry for bumping, but this really stands out, trophy trucks are only RWD and this is AWD. The only Baja trucks that are AWD are. The AWD series trucks, and they are Chevy Blazers and jeeps.

and again SORRY FOR THE BUMPING.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

False. The standard may well be to use a solid rear drive axle and non driven front IFS. However there are absolutely no regulations preventing IFS on all corners or alternative drive setups. It is just conventional to be RWD. However fully independent suspension all wheel drive vehicles have indeed been entered on several occasions. The regulations are almost entirely limited to safety aspects of the truck and how much force they should be able to take, otherwise beyond it having to be modelled after a real production vehicle, run on standard pump gas and be naturally aspirated, the rules are quite open.

And again. Go into the parts selector. Remove the front transfer case. You have converted the mod to rear drive.

So cheers for the useless bump.

3. wardragon

wardragon
    Expand Collapse

It might be a 1 week bump on the thread, but, there's a doubt about this truck.

First of all, I'd congratulate for this awesome truck, as many said before, for me it's the best rally truck and best D-15 mod by far.

For the things that are going around my head now. I don't know if this project is still going, or if anyone updated it somehow, but, I noticed that the rear suspension bounces a bit as it rebounds. I mean, it lands fine if it lands on all it's wheels, but some hard impact on the back results on it bouncing back up, like the suspension is not absorbing all the force without throwing some back up. I have no idea how far the suspension was tweaked, and I could be wrong, but, it seems that the original leaf sringed suspension is kept, so it might be a result form that, IDK, maybe some better shock and springs could do a better job? just an idea though.

Another point is that it feels like it need some more weight to the back, when it jumps the front is so heavy, so it lands nose down on longer jumps. A heavier back could move the CG (Center of gravity) backwards a bit. So with the CG more to the back it would be more stable when jumping. Again, IDK if all those things at the back are weighting the truck, or if they are just cosmetical and represents no mass.

One more thing that could improve it, would be the transmission, moving it from an AT to a MT, maybe better off with a sequential, like some trucks have. Driving it in AT makes the transmission quite lost on which gear it would be running, and looses quite some power on turns where the truck is sliding. To correct that I am using 1st and 2nd gears mostly, ad whne on a straight I shift to D, so it goes to 3rd and so on, and back on turns I shift back to 2nd, or even 1st gear.

All and all, the truck is very fun to drive and gives me A LOT of fun. If someone could tell me, or direct me to where I can learn it, I could work my way around on where I think it might be improved, like the points I've made here, as those are the ones I noticed most and felt like stating here.

Hope this is still going, keep it up RORCAT!

4. Quantiavus

Quantiavus
    Expand Collapse

This my favorite truck in BeamNG.drive but is really unforgiving and tippy due to its live axle suspension. I know its weird to have on a truck like this but can you add an option for independent suspension? It would make this the perfect truck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DavidTheTechGeek

DavidTheTechGeek
    Expand Collapse

Please do not bump threads.

6. Quantiavus

Quantiavus
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea what that is or what it means, this is the first forum that I really care about. Sorry

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Posting in really old threads that are totally dead. Also known as necro'ing, necroposting and necrobump.

8. Quantiavus

Quantiavus
    Expand Collapse

Thats, I will refrain from doing that in the future

9. R0ck1t

R0ck1t
    Expand Collapse

question: will you make this compatible with the newer versions of Beam.ng drive? i really like this mod and wanna try it.

10. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice