Released Gavril D-Series Custom: 'Top Speed' + Dedicated Crawler

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by SleepyPickup, Aug 28, 2013.

1. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

I've played around with the updated version for an hour or so now, I really like the faster steering response but I've had a few problems since the change. In the previous version I could drift the truck at almost any speed and not flip over, in the new version the tires bite more so it bounces and flips allot more. Also at higher speeds 300+ the truck feels much more twitchy then before, I used to be able to keep it in a straight line until about 800mph. I did all my testing with the default model of the old version and the default/all purpose model of the new version. I can upload some videos if that would help, it would probably take all day thought with my 1990's internet here.

Have you made any changes to the sport parts at all? I didn't notice any presets that were using them. I haven't had a chance to do to much driving of the offroad version but its looking good. From the bit of driving I did do, you can definitely feel the torque in first!

2. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I though about using the 'sport' load-out for something, but the default suspension pretty much does the job of 'sport', so I ignored it completely. I may still use it for something, who knows. If you want me to use it I can try. Haha, I tried to drop it as low as possible and make it a low rider, but uh...I couldn't really get it to work. And the back tires started to show through the bed....

Yeah, the front tires biting and sending the truck over does seem to be a reoccurring problem. But I didn't really have too much of a problem with this. I guess you have to be gentle with it and watch out for the symptoms. I spent a lot of time in Seca and gridmap, It didn't seem to happen more than the old version so I called it a day and released it. The dampening on the front coilovers plays a part in this.

And yeah, I did notice the difficulty in reaching higher speeds. 500MPH+ is possible but it's not as easy...this is a trade off.

Either the truck is driftable, and drivable at low speeds, or It's purpose made to go 1000MPH. I tried to shoot somewhere in the middle.

This version that is released now is meant to hold over the fans of the 'Murder' truck until I can spend enough time on it and make a version 3.0 that's perfect. I watch my daughter during the day at my gfs house, and that's where my gaming desktop is. I'm not allowed to be on the computer playing games when I have a toddler to watch haha. And at night when I'm home I only have a >20FPS craptop....

Thanks so much for your feedback, so far you're the only one to report back issues, I really appreciate it. All noted and put on the to-do list.

3. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Well I figured out how to use dxtory a bit more efficiently, so here is a clip of me driving the V1 and V2 default versions on Grid map:

V1

+ It feels glued to the ground, I have a really hard time flipping it and it can do crazy drifts and spins.
    - The steering feels much slower on this version, I also like the engine/transmission in the V2 more, acceleration feels quicker.

V2

+ Better acceleration, more responsive steering, better handling overall, especially at lower speeds.
    - A bit to bouncy, easier to flip in a drift.

I was driving the way I normally do with this truck, which isn't exactly precise, but on a track or driving at slower speeds I like the current version better. for big open maps. drifting, top speed, I prefer the previous version. It's hard to have the perfect vehicle for every situation no doubt. In the V3 truck maybe you could use a similar setup to the V1 as the settings for the sport parts. If you decide to use the sport and default parts you could make two dedicated vehicles, instead of a more all purpose design. so on the default parts you could have some thing like the current versions setup, and on the sport parts a similar setup to the last version. Of course if you are able to make it have the best of both worlds in a single set of pats that would be great as well.

I really do appreciate the update and all the work you have put into the truck, I'm sure its allot by now! I can only imagine how hard it can be to find the time with a kiddo to take care of. This is one of the most fun vehicles in the game , so I'm happy I could help shape the mod in some way, and thanks for listening and responding as well.

#43 LSDMT420, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. Rydog106

Rydog106
    Expand Collapse

Is there any way that you can just make the tire bigger and the rims?

5. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

The dedicated crawler exceeds my expectations.

I had to keep cutting the videos so it jumps around a lot. This is part one.

#45 SleepyPickup, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  6. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I'm in love with this truck. I'm going to marry it and give my daughter a truck sister.

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

7. Sleepyox

Sleepyox
    Expand Collapse

Crawler truck is amazing. Its funny to just watch the tires go over rocky objects, how it deflates.
    Ive put it to the test and this thing will go any where if you threat it right. Thanks

/Sleepy

8. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

I'm constantly making adjustments, the 'top speed' version will be much more realistic and detuned. The crawler version will be even more capable.

9. danieljones101

danieljones101
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i want the moon buggy

10. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Is it still possible to download the V1 version? I really wanna try that one.

11. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

You'll have to PM LSDMT420. Sadly, I don't have the original backed up. Worst case, I have to guess and remake it. Which I could do.

12. smileyguyz

smileyguyz
    Expand Collapse

This is awesome!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice