Released Gavril D-Series Custom: 'Top Speed' + Dedicated Crawler

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by SleepyPickup, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

Re: Gavril Pickup, Top speed 'MUЯᗡƎЯ' Edition

Only really flipped over at really high speeds slower speeds you can do donuts with out it tipping over :) Not sure about the suspension it was what ever it spawns as.

2. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I belive the truck spawns with default suspension, which I updated last night and should handle and drfit like a sports car. The off-road suspension is still pretty soft and crazy.

I thought I saw off-road tires and bumpers on your chrome truck so I figured it was the tip-a-lot suspension.

3. AmbitiousVicious

AmbitiousVicious
    Expand Collapse

Haha thanks man, i didnt even realize you had this posted! lol well thanks bro!

4. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

Sorry yes you are correct I changed it to off-road :)

5. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Re: Gavril Pickup, Top speed 'Murder' Edition

Great job from the looks, but when I go to drive it, DRIVE crashes?:confused: Any reason why, you might know?

6. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Oh no! I'm very sorry to hear that, I will try to re-create the problem but I'm not sure why it would crash the whole game?

If it was a problem with the truck, it just wouldn't spawn or error into a green mesh. I'm not sure why the game would crash...Hmm I'll report back.

7. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

This truck is tons of fun! I was wondering if it would be possible to have this as a separate vehicle instead of it replacing the standard pickup? I love going fast and flattening this thing like a pancake, but I would like to have the normal pickup too for off-roading and the like. Is that something you plan on changing in the future?

8. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

Yes, that is a great idea and I should have done that in the first place. I will get to work on that ASAP.

9. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Awesome thanks! Having the truck be a separate vehicle would avoid the problem of it being overwritten when the game updates as well I think, like DrowsySam's FT40.

10. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

File name changed, now it's drop-and-go.

I'll change the install instructions, and update the disclaimer.

11. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

very cool :cool:

Thanks again, I look forward to future updates.

12. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I will work on the off-road suspension next.

I kinda goofed and ended up making the default suspension handle like the sport suspension should. I pretty much neglected the sport and off-road suspension entirely as far as handling.

- - - Updated - - -

Would anybody be interested if I pretty much cloned the pickup code and put it in the Moonhawk...?

(4wd XX000hp topspeed blacked out Moonhawk?)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

#32 SleepyPickup, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  13. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

I would definitely like to try that out, with AWD I bet the Moonhawk could handle the power.

14. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

sure, i could go for a Buckrell Moownhawk, 'Murder' Edition

15. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so this has been a long time coming.

I've made significant changes to the default, and sport suspension. I've also fixed the steering, I accidentally made the steering stupid slow when I released this, instead of faster I noticed. The engine and transmission will also see some changes.

But in my quest to make the off-road version more drivable, I've run into a problem....

There's absolutely nothing I can do to keep the off-road version from flipping during any type or cornering. It's a lifted truck with off-road tires, when the front tires dig in, it just flips.

I'm putting so much work into trying to make it semi-drivable, but it's just...ugh it's very difficult. The default and sport can drift better than most race cars, but the off-road is only good for...well off-roading.

So expect an update possibly later tonight.

16. adamtaa

adamtaa
    Expand Collapse

/GigglesLikeInsaneManiac This thing is awesome. It looks pretty cool and it goes like stink.

17. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Awesome man, can't wait to try out the new version! My opinion on the offroad version-

You are totally right, the default and sport versions are almost perfect for what you should be doing in them, and the offroad version should be just for that, offroading. What I would really like to see is less power in the offroad version (maybe with another engine preset- really strong low end torque), The suspension lifted and dampened as much as possible, increase the size of the offroad tires and lower the PSI for crawling.

Of course this wouldn't really be in line with the other versions, but if you are going to actually use it offroad all that power might actually hurt instead of help. I'm not sure how high you can get it by messing with the suspension, but if you could give it really good ground clearance and still have it drive well it would be really unique.

18. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Consider it done.

The off-road setup will be 100% dedicated to rock crawling and rough terrain in general. I'll make a video with how it performs and display it before I upload the 'finished' project.

19. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Sweet!

This is going to be one hell of a versatile pickup! :cool:

20. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I spent a lot of time experimenting with the suspension alone. Then worked on the transmission.

This video is an example of a halfway finished Off-Road version of the 'Top Speed' Truck:

(I wish I could show you the truck wheelin' on a real terrain, but I can't even begin to explain the horror of trying to record a map other than grid or pure grid with this laptop. Ever try to record and demonstrate a mod at 10fps? IT'S MURDER.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSU35oQA7To

"Dedicated Off-Road trim":
    -Suspension tweaked to 'marshmallow' soft.
    -Engine is now a super high torque @ low rpm, 6K redline V6
    -Separate default Off-Road transmission, 4 gears with a super low 1st gear for getting up and over just about anything. Top speed 80+MPH
    -Tire PSI lowered back down to 20, grip set a little higher
    -Steering lock increased

What I'm doing right now:

-Finishing the Off-Road version and bug testing. Make sure it can crawl like a boss.
    -Rework and bug test the default and sport trim, delete unused trims.

Another hour or two, and I'll upload the new pick and redo the entire first post.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone who has my 'Top Speed' Murder edition, I highly suggest you chuck it and download the one I just uploaded.

Version 2.0, The crawler is a [WIP]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice