Gavril D-Series addon 0.8.4

Oldstyle parts, XL frame with cargobox/rollback/wedgeback beds, flatbeds, (prerunner) suspension par

1. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Re: Gavril D15/D25/D35 Stepside, Flatbed, Crewcab, Station

where is the one with the snokle?

2. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

I don't want to waste any space for the people who are reporting bugs, showing their support/approval, have lists MUCH shorter than mine, or for when AR162B has an update for this mod. That, and I don't think you understand how many ideas I have for this mod. Also, it has some bugs that need fixing anyway, so why suggest more parts that may or may not add on more bugs when there are pre-existing bugs?

It's in the parts selector, under engines. It should be called '4.5L V8 Snorkel' or something like that.

3. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

no i cant see one of the i only have 4.1v8 4.5v8 and the HD engines

4. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

The HD versions don't have a snorkel on them, just the D15. If you can't find snorkel motor on the D15, delete the mod and re-install it. I'm assuming you already know which version to install.

5. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, please don't have a fight :p I'm surely interested in making a mod if it is a great addition to the mod AND not too difficult to make. ;)

I didn't know about the missing snorkel with the HD frame, I'll put that on my to-do list, thanks for letting me know. Probably missed it in the rush.
    And that duallies fender, well... That was a rush job (is that proper English?) as well, made it quickly out of the stepside fenders. It also overlaps the running boards. I'll improve it, and maybe someday I'll make a modern (early-mid 90's ) version of the stepside and duallies fenders.

And for the lengthened D15 frame; I sure thought about it. Even started making one before, in the intention of making a extended cab (with suicide doors) and the 6'4 bed. Didn't finish it though. The jbeams of the D15 frame and the HD frame are very similar, but the mesh is different. I've added an older screenshot of how the mesh could look like :)

Thanks for all great replies and suggestions!

Attached Files:

• printscreen69.jpg
  6. Od1NenGZ

Od1NenGZ
    Expand Collapse

This doesn't work for me, the parts are invinsible!

Attached Files:

• 2014-08-11_00003.jpg
    • 2014-08-11_00004.jpg
  7. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

I was fooling around today when I noticed that the D35 isn't the only truck in this mod suffering from rear suspension issues. I was driving in a D25 offroad single cab and it seemed like the rear shock absorbers were made of cement. I know the duallies have rear suspension issues of their own, but I really think you should take a closer look at the rear suspension of all the HD D-Series trucks you added, including the flatbed and the autobed.

8. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

This is new to me. What exactly did you do to get this? Did it spawn like this the first time?

Yeah I know. I found the problem of the duallies; they have 'selfcollission' enabled, which causes the problem. Disabling them solves it. I also know the suspension of the HD offroad versions is way too bouncy... I'm tweaking it, but it consumes a lot of time to get it right. I have some resits this week and I'm trying to release the Moonhawk Sedan/Station mod asap, so i'm a bit short on time. I expect to release an update sometime next week. :)

9. Hatorade

Hatorade
    Expand Collapse

The only thing I would add is a bed compatible with the crew cab on the short hd chassis. There really isn't a point of having the crew cab on the short chassisi there isn't a compatible bed to go with.

10. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

It's going to be a real short bed if you want it behind the crew cab on the short HD frame. It's like the wagon but without the roof above its rear end. Did some research but I couldn't find a crew cab with (such a) short bed made in that era. Did found some custom chops, but it doesn't look great I think :p
    To have a 5'7 bed in combination with the crew cab another wheelbase/frame is needed, I'm sorry but that won't happen for the upcoming update ;)

(imported from here)

11. Od1NenGZ

Od1NenGZ
    Expand Collapse

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

13. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Delete the mod. Download it again, only this time in the vehicles file as a separate vehicle, just like 6677 said.

He beat me to it. Woo.

#133 GingerPunk603, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  14. Od1NenGZ

Od1NenGZ
    Expand Collapse

i placed them in the pickup folder. the pre-existing pickup file.

- - - Updated - - -

15. mudman604

mudman604
    Expand Collapse

You mind if i use some of the parts like the snorkle and step side bed for my off road crawler? is a customized d15 for rock crawling. i will credit you in my post.

16. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Before you release the next update for this mod, can you take the closed rear diff and the mostly closed front transfer case from the HD trucks and give them to the D15? That would be a pretty rad thing to do IMO.

17. tonystark

tonystark
    Expand Collapse

Do you replace the existing Gavri D15 files with these? And if so... How?

18. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

No, this mod is its own separate vehicle. If you put it in the pre-existing D-Series file, you'll break both trucks. This was Tapatalk's idea, not mine.

19. tonystark

tonystark
    Expand Collapse

Thanks

20. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Just a request, but would it be possible for a shorter bed to be made so there are crew cabs that aren't extremely long?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice