WIP Gavril Bluebuck Gas Turbine mod

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Bibianjou, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone! I decided that I would make a gas turbine mod for the Gavril Bluebuck with a friend. We're taking inspirations straight out from the 1963 Chrysler Gas Turbine car.

- The idea would be to make an engine (sharing similar characteristics with the A831 gas turbine) and then texture it. Not a whole new car

We don't really know if this mod will ever come to fruition but at first I would like to know any comments on the idea and if this project is even doable given Beamng's limitations.
    Also I am sorry if this is the wrong thread but I believe I'm in the right one since I'm developing a mod :)
    Any help would be welcome!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

UPDATE:
    I've started coding the engine and I'm pretty happy of the progress I've had considering I'm a new modder. I'm gonna start recording sounds over the week I guess.
    - For now, my main issue is how can i create a lag between the throttle and the engine's response as if there was a turbine spool up. If anyone of you has an idea, please lmk!
    For some reason, editing my 1st page results in a message error that says I'm spamming. So, I'll leave it like this here for now until further notice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TMccanna

TMccanna
    Expand Collapse

best chance would possibly be lua or just making the inertia high so you floor it and then it just RRRRRRRRRR trying to get to redline

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bastion.exe

bastion.exe
    Expand Collapse

Great! I like this idea:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

Wdym by lua, I’m sorry, I’m just a new modder so yeah, also i put a very small inertia value rn bc i’m trying to simulate a very smooth engine. However, I’m gonna test your idea, it sounds very promising

6. TMccanna

TMccanna
    Expand Collapse

lua is basically the version of scripting and stuff the game using such as if you wanted to add 2+2 for instance

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I’ll lyk if I’m struggling with my coding but the engine inertia sounds like a very elegant solution imo
    Edit: it worked!!! This means the engine coding is over and now I’m gonna start working on sounds and my friend will do textures so thanks for helping!

#7 Bibianjou, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  8. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

Update:
    I didn't do much since last time I reckon. However, I'm starting to record sound samples which should come along pretty nicely. In the meantime I enhanced the cooling system, what I mean through this is that I made it air-cooled so you won't need a radiator anymore like in a gas turbine.
    Rn what I'd like yall to tell me is would you like to have an alpha version of the car without the engine textures. If you want to just put an agree or a like to this post. Furthermore, if I get my stuff right this alpha should come out before the 02/21

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DoritoPowahhhh

DoritoPowahhhh
    Expand Collapse

Will this have a custom body similar to the Turbine Car?

10. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

No it will not, what it will have however is my attempt at recreating this powertrain as accurately as possible given Beamng's limitations. Maybe if I feel like it I will do a successor to this mod (which fyi is a test mule if we make it lore-friendly) which fundamentally would be called something along the way of "Gavril Turbine" featuring an upgraded engine, the GGT122b. This is what I imagined a while back and idk if this will ever come to fruition.
    Also this Gavril Turbine wouldn’t sport an X-type chassis as it would be built in 1963-64 and would be more of a midsize car

#10 Bibianjou, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

Update
    I have very exciting news for yall!
    The mod 1st release is right around the corner with its first release containing half of the content aka the sounds and the engine itself. The textures and jbeam are coming in March.
    I have the sounds more or less totally ready though they’ll get tweaked a bit before upload so it will sound more accurately to the A831 turbine since it sounds like a CFM56 rn. I will add the starter sounds this evening so except a release anywhen between Friday and Sunday

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

Update:
    This is it for the first phase! I've submitted the mod for approval and it should be released anytime soon, hopefully approved by the Beamng team, if not approved, I'm sorry but you will have to wait until the 03/03 to get it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JoLi

JoLi
    Expand Collapse

Nice Mod, keep it up!
    I just downloaded the new Update, but I didn't see any changelogs, so what changed?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

There is a changelog. What i changed are the starter sounds. The startup sound is more accurate and the shutoff sounds is as well. It sounds more like a turbine startup sequence although im not fully satisfied with the startup sound

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nick_5150

Nick_5150
    Expand Collapse

Good stuff! I noticed there was no config though for it so I went ahead and made one myself. I can send you it if you would like. Give me a message!

16. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

Wendover FATT Gas Turbine when :^)?

17. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

Oh that would be perfect. 1980's slushbox gas turbine car

18. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

Yes why not. If you could help me put out a config for it, it would be more than welcome
    --- Post updated ---
    Could be an interesting engine as a last attempt from the Bruckell group to make a road legal turbine

19. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

And it would turn that shitbox even more into KITT as canonically it's got a gas turbine engine.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bibianjou

Bibianjou
    Expand Collapse

What would be the specs for such an Engine?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice