1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stuck, Having problems with creating your mod? Let us help you: Mod Support

Gavril Barstow

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Shotgun Chuck

Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Wiki needs to be updated then as it still shows the Kingsnake with racing slicks on Civetta wheels. Screenshot of it shows this as well.

Also, the Kingsnake is a factory variant, right? So why would it have slicks?

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Factory race car? Idk really.

Kingsnake has slicks and has pretty much perfect handling, that much I know:
    upload_2018-12-24_14-17-37.png

Also Nightsnake is one that does not have slicks.

3. Shotgun Chuck

Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Alright then. Seems some things have been changed since... whenever I got my information. Honestly, I'm never sure what the devs are doing with configs. As seen in YBR's update video some of the full-on race cars have license plates by default now... as does that Kingsnake despite having slicks.

One thing's for sure, this would drive me nuts if I actually had a computer that could play this. I'd be trying to rank every car on the JRI peninsula or whatever and then and update would come along and suddenly cars I'd already finished would have different structural rigidity, different tires, on and on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

What is Radial T/A Tires on the Nightsnake means? They have less grip than sports tires!
    --- Post updated ---
    Also some contect in the wiki is incorrect. For example the Roamer Off-road has open front and limited-slip rear differential and the wiki said locking differential

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Radial T/A was probably tire that was around the time when Nightsnake was quite new, it would fit to street tuner theory, but WCUSA had signboard featuring Nightsnake at least at one point, which kinda makes that theory pretty thin.

Surely there is some thought behind it all, it's just not knowing the thought can be confusing.

6. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps the Nightsnake was built by Grip-All?

7. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG doesn't has maps featuring standar timeline events. Its all a mix up.

8. Shotgun Chuck

Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I had some lore cooking for the Nightsnake, actually. The way I was thinking of it, I had it being bought and tuned sometime in the 1970s or 1980s, for pass racing, but by someone who believed there was no shame in winning on the straightaways. They drove it right up until they got stomped on by a turbo AWD, at which point they bought an ETK 3000i and built it into what we now see as the tuned variant thereof. The Nightsnake, meanwhile, is still out there with a different driver and has been improved into the cheater-slicks-on-Civetta-wheels version seen when the variant was first added to the game.

Another idea, perhaps more true to what I was originally thinking, would be that the old "slicks" form was actually the way the car was first built, and that the current owner downgraded to the more traditional steel wheels and treaded tires because they do some, uh, sketchy stuff with the car sometimes and don't want tires that can't handle rain or extended running.

#268 Shotgun Chuck, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you look Autobello, it also has track variant with slicks and then Street machine variant that is more powerful with grooved tires and even color similar to Nightsnake.

Obviously there is a pattern emerging, Moonhawk has Elite Custom which has lot more torque than track variant, but then Miramar Street tuned has less power than track version, which confuses this a bit.

Anyway plan might be to make track configs and then street tuner culture configs with bit more power than suspension and tires can handle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Harkin Labs Gaming

Harkin Labs Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I think that the Nightsnake and other custom configurations are made to be street legal, which would make sense as they are tuned like street cars. Slicks aren't legal for road use, so that is why they would have sports tires or T/As.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I always assumed the nightsnake was some sorta limited edition factory special vehicle. That’s about all I have to say about that.

I feel a bit like we are going Bob Ross on this, every tree car has a story. Don’t get me wrong, I prefer that each one does. Doesn’t stop reminding me of Bob Ross though.

12. JRC99

JRC99
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if it really makes a difference, given that Grip All is fictional, but BF Goodrich introduced a Radial T/A in the 1970s. The more common version, which is what the one ingame is based on, was released in the 80s. However, muscle cars all came standard with bias ply tires until around 1973-1974 (and even then, radials were still an option, bias plies were standard)

^Those are the originals from the 70s.

^ From what I can tell, these came out in the 80s.

^ And then finally, the most recent version, although I don't know when they changed them. Very similar to the previous version, but with slightly different tread.

(I'm a bit of a geek for stuff like this)

• Like Like x 1
  13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That could then indicate that Nighthawk indeed was customized at later times and not factory model. Of course unless there is deviation from IRL history in BeamNG lore history.

It kinda would be fitting theme that all cars would have later times tuned versions, that are not done by factory, so they would have bit less than perfect handling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice