1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Gamepad controller issues ( over 2 patches now)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Zalmoxis, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

You know the saying:

"if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Wish you guys heard that before changing the perfectly working controller settings from around 2 patches ago. Good fucking job on that.

Last patch there were some issues. Now those were almost fixed. Now the most I have been able to do with my fucking gamepad is make the car steer and accelerate. Except when I steer it brakes. Every time. And when I try to brake it accelerates somehow. And when I try to accelerate it accelerates.

Yeah, makes fucking sense right? Tell that to my beamng game.

If this won't be fixed soon can I get a refund? This isn't what I payed for. I want the game from 2 patches ago so I can at least play it properly and not wait half a year or more for you guys to fix some controller input configuration.

2. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

What controller are you using?

3. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

Some low end Serioux controller I have been using for a while now. Works perfectly with other games, worked great before as well.

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

have you actually gone into the settings and mapped it?

5. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

No, I have clearly forgotten to do the most basic thing possible. And to answer another possible question:

Yes, I have plugged in my gamepad. And no, I have not been trying to move the sticks using my mind. I have been using my fingers.

On a more serious note, hopefully without those kind of questions, if you also check my previous thread in the bug reporting forum, from the previous patch, you will see that this isn't the first time it happened. Now I spent about 15 min trying to configure my controller mapping etc.

6. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

It's a shame I only noticed this just now, but yes. That is precisely what you paid for when you decided to buy an early access game.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

Oh I didn't realize that an early access game means I can't have a functional control system that worked for 95% of the game's time, from the moment it launched early access until 2 patches ago.

Share more wisdom on what I spend my money on please.

8. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

We do our best to fix all reported bugs, but we don't have the budget and resources to test thousands of hardware combinations with several layers of internal testers. We are just a small company that relies on your help and support to be able to develop the game: you get an early peek at what the game will one day become and, as gamers, you "Help test and report bugs". We have always been honest about that. If the situation does not please you, you may contact Steam for a refund.

I'd personally prefer to fix the bug instead, of course :)

The last thread you opened didn't have enough information, because of problems trying to attach all the necessary files. To make it easier to report bugs, I decided to put all the important information together in the beamng.log file. If you could please attach your Documents/BeamNG.Drive/beamng.log file again, maybe this time there will be enough information to determine what is causing your problem.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the reply. I have attached the log file now.

As far as specs go, I said the controller and OS. All other software are up to date, etc.

Attached Files:

10. Vlad Vladimir Vladinovsky

Vlad Vladimir Vladinovsky
    Expand Collapse

Why don't you just get a different controller? I'm using an Xbox360 controller and have had no issues, 20 USD, Cyber Monday is literally 2 days from now it'll be dope. You seem to be very aggressive and it appears you're more intent on bitching than actually looking for a solution.

11. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

Those controllers are overly expensive in my country. Getting it from a foreign website means I spend the difference on transport. And considering that I use a gamepad on just racing games, it wouldn't be worth it to spend 50 bucks on one when the minimum wage here is just under 240 USD.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice