1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Game registers wheel movement but doesn't steer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by SuperNoob05, Oct 20, 2015.

1. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

So, today I bought a Wheel, a Speedlink Drift O.Z to be exact. First thing I did of course was try it out in BeamNG, and, as expected everything was fine. The only problem was that the FFB wasn't working, so I downloaded the driver for the wheel, and, while the FFB does work, the steering doesn't anymore. I already tried deleting the settings folder, unplugging the wheel etc. but didn't have any success so far. In the controllers menu it registers the wheel and also recognizes the movement on the y axis, but it just doesn't steer no matter what I do. And yes, I made sure that it is actually bound to the steer command.
    If you can help me then please post a possible solution in this thread, it'd be much appreciated.

2. Scythix_

Scythix_
    Expand Collapse

Same happening here. The pedals and buttons work but not the wheel itself.

Wheel: Top Drive GT (wired)

3. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Can you please attach your Documents/BeamNG.Drive/beamng.log file? Thanks!

4. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Sure, here it is.

Attached Files:

5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Thanks, I can confirm this is a known bug that will be fixed in the next release.

Specifically, your steering wheel is identifying itself as a gamepad, instead of as a steering wheel. There are a few other strange peripherals whose drivers do similar weird stuff. This shouldn't confuse BeamNG anymore, starting from the next version.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice