1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

FPS Limiter Acting Strangely

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Mr_StickShift, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

When using a "Safe Mode" Launch Option (to sumbit report) and also when im playing on my main save (that has around 120 mods) the FPS limiter seems to act incorrectly.

What I mean by this is that I assume that the FPS is meant to be set to the "limit" you set, but in my case, at any number below 60, the FPS becomes inaccurate, and no, it is not my system as I easily do 80+ FPS with no limiter or vsync on. (This is shown in the video)

So basically here are some numbers ive taken from the video to make it easier to understand:

Limiter & VSYNC off: 84FPS
    Limter OFF & VSYNC On: 59-62 FPS
    Limter @ 60 (X) or Higher & VSYNC On: Expected (X) Frames
    Limter @ 60 (X) or Higher & VSYNC Off: 59-62FPS (Caused by the VSYNC)
    Limiter @ 59 & VSYNC on: 50-54FPS (This is the odd occurence) (This also sometimes occurs when the limiter is at 60 also.)
    Limiter @ 59 & VSYNC off: 52-56 FPS (Again, this is the issue)

So basically, the issue shown in the video and the numbers above is that, when below 60 on the Limiter, the FPS is not accurate with the number you set, and this is quite noticable when it is below 60FPS for me since I use a wheel with FFB, and we know that at below 60FPS the FFB isn't 1:1 (and this is also true for 60-100fps, where it works best at 100FPS) but the FPS difference is noticable, and I never realised I had been limiting my frame rate at 50-54 due to the FPS limiter being set at 59-60 and not getting said framerate in return

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice