Forza Horizon 3 (E3 2016)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Stiggy111, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Testing out this photo mode..

2. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I don't think there are any other Australian cars to use that have been in the series before.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Well they added a Falcon in the new Aplinestars pack & it has never been in Forza before, atleast they are still adding Aussie cars.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking about the new barnfind cars that are comming out as they are free to all players so they wouldn't include new cars only cars that are in previous titles.

5. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking about it and... I don't even have the game and I can tell just from videos that they put that Lamborghini? V12 swap in waaaaaay too many cars. AR12 does a Halloween challenge, the cars involved are a '58 Plymouth and an old GMC van, and they both have the V12 swap. Of course you know it's gonna happen, the vast majority of racing game players want their cars fully built so it was pretty much inevitable that everyone would be running "V12 swap twin turbos all race parts" wherever possible, but it still seems childish. It's like the LS swap of Forza, but without the inherent sensibility that made LS swapping everything a thing. I've actually started referring to it as the Cancerghini V12. I'm sure if I actually had an XB1 or a computer that wasn't a 10 year old school district special, it'd be even worse.

I'm pathetic.

Still though, it's a thing with me. I've mentioned before that I have an idea kicking around in my head for a Horizon style game but set on real roads with brutal sim physics (like, "makes iRacing look like Need for Speed" levels of brutal). That's gonna be one of the major points: there will be a much wider variety of engine swaps for each car, and I'll take pains to make them reasonable for the car in question - and to make cost much more of an object throughout the progression, so that even if there is a V12 swap for something, you'll have to seriously consider if the high-five-digit (at least) cost is worth it for the few extra horsepower you'll get over a good old pushrod V8, modded for modded. Further use of less overused engines might be encouraged by the use of engine restrictions in championships - for example, a classic muscle championship might ban the use of cross manufacturer engine swaps, post-1975 engine architectures, or EFI, while an import tuner event might specifically ban the use of domestic engines, or LS engines in particular. The unfortunate part is, if Microsoft/Turn10 can afford to license Porsche away from EA, but they can't afford whatever manufacturers would charge to allow labelled cross manufacturer swaps, I don't think an upstart has much of a chance.

Not like any of this is ever actually going to happen anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I agree. Only one of my cars fully built and is on a V12 engine, but that was just to make it vastly different because I own two of the same car. One stock, one fully built. I try to keep my other cars realistic.

• Like Like x 2
  7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i personally just don't give a shit, the entire point of horizon has ALWAYS been to be more arcadey, if you want realism you play motorsport

• Like Like x 1
  8. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

God I love the sound of the kenmeri Skyline.

For some reason when I picked it up after he finished restoring it he went on about Japanese imports, nothing about how the kenmeri is the rarest of all GTR Skylines.

So far the latest pack has been awesome.

9. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

When he speaks about the history of the vehicles and stuff it's like the feature in Forza Motorsport, that you can't activate by a button; it just automatically plays sometimes.

10. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

You know when you go to collect the car and he goes a little about the history about that specific car yeah that's what I'm meaning.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

That's why we can make the cars drive to our liking. Its a game & we all have different tastes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Do you just hate everything about this game?

13. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Not necessarily, just... there are a lot of things I would do differently.

Another thing is, what I've seen of the map I don't really like that much. There's no really long mountain-pass type roads, and the ones there are tend to be dirt. The focus is more on tearing across open ground on than on skillful driving.

14. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Snow confirmed people!

15. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

yay! snow!

• Like Like x 1
  16. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

HSV on snow? F^ck yeah!
    Snow HSV.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Australia doesn't have alot of mountains roads which explains the lack or roads with alot of bends in this game. I hope they choose a location with plenty of curves either here in NZ or say Japan.

18. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

They should've added Macquarie Pass, its my favourite driving road (In real life).
    macquarie pass.jpg macquarie.jpg
    Not to far from the Sea Cliff Bridge which is in-game.
    save over 3.png

#338 HadACoolName, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Why didn't they even think of putting that in game that would be awesome for touge races or say drifting.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice