Released Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500

Discussion in 'Land' started by Ky, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Sbatula

Sbatula
    Expand Collapse

Tried it, went straight back to the Capri, cheers for the port.

2. Ky

Ky
    Expand Collapse

Copy the cheetah engine to
    beamNG.drive/art/sound

Just overwrite, I included a backup in the download.

3. FZulley

FZulley
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Mythbuster and Nadeox, but want to add something:

When you do really want to get some donations, because you advertise for the quality of your mods; but on the other hand proove, that you missed the right engine config, the handling and the jbeam when it comes to the mirrors and the back of the car ( Looks weird after crash ), then you really should think about asking for a donations twice.

Nevertheless, thanks for spending time to extend the BeamNG content. I'm not having the time to do that, and without community creations, BeamNG's cars would totally be up to gabe ( and drowsy now :D ), who's doing outstanding work, but of course, need's to rest sometimes ;)

4. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

I was excited for this mod at first but after all the many complaints I feel like I don't want to even download it. What a shame this is a great car.

5. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

i installed the sound mod and now the gavril d series sounds like the sierra help me

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

yeah, thats going to happen when you replace the games engine sound mod....

7. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

so i have to? replace with original or what? because i love that sound how i can do for not change the sound for sierra but change original vehicle sounds???

8. colinc1444

colinc1444
    Expand Collapse

Looks awesome man :) I love it!

9. Vlahka

Vlahka
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the password. It's really good for protecting your mods from being installed.

10. Three O' Clubs

Three O' Clubs
    Expand Collapse

Can you upload a version thats not 7zip stuff, I don't know how and i'm too lazy to figure out how to get it in BnG.

11. Oscer7

Oscer7
    Expand Collapse

Why did you make the mod's zip file password protected? Also requiring another program I don't have. It also said to visit this post in the read me, but nothing about the "key". Please don't do that with your next projects please. It just makes people not try to download it and try it.

12. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

That was kinda what he wanted to do, though. It's just an anti-piracy thing is all.

13. Ky

Ky
    Expand Collapse

Alright, it's about time I respond to all this "constructive criticism"

1. I didn't ask for money. I was wondering how the donation systems worked. Clearly I got my information...

2. Yes it has errors. I can't notice everything about it. I'll do my best to fix them.

3. I'm not sure why everyone expects my mods to be 100% accurate representations. Really. I don't get it. I've never even seen one of things, and I'm supposed to know how it handles?

4. I'm obviously being defensive, because that's what I do when there's seemingly overwhelming negativity.

5. I'll try to fix the textures

6. I'll try to spend more time on my next mods.

7. When are you going to be able to tell when the mirror N/B is off by about 0.03 ???

8. I feel that many of the complaints I receive are "frittered away by detail." I wish you all could just enjoy that I made at all. (Thanks to those of you who do)

K. Now send me more hate :p

EDIT:

Now that I've settled down a little bit, let me say:

I understand that it's not a perfect mod because I didn't put 100% effort into it. I don't have the time or capability to do that.
    In my opinion, the most practical way to mod for a game is to produce lots of decent quality mods rather than one or two perfect mods.
    I try to the most good with the fewest resources for the most people. So Mythbuster, don't download my mods if you don't like them.
    Yes, I'm reaching into that "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all" kind of thought train. Judge me all you want. idc.

The amount of time it takes escalates exponentially the more perfect I want it. So I can crank out a "decent" mod perhaps 80% good in about a week.
    Or I can spend three months working on one stupid car like I used to. I got so sick of looking at that pajero, which wasn't even very good to begin with.
    I'm sure you modders will understand my point of view-
    I just don't have the capability or time to produce mods of Gavril quality.

Senior year is tough enough. I shouldn't be budgeting time for this at all, really.

While I'm on a rant, I'll say that this is mostly a relaxing hobby for me. It gets me out of my homework and away from other people's downward glares.
    Like I said, I can not produce mods of game content quality, but I figure some people may enjoy what comes out of my anxiety-reducing habbits.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/

Maybe car weight is off. I think the sierra was within 100 lbs of curb weight though.

#53 Ky, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  14. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

did you try the engine tunnings because are 1of 175 hp and another of 300

15. Bill123

Bill123
    Expand Collapse

Well I think you did a amazing job with this car and I use it all the time. You have very good mods and people can't obviously appreciate that. Please keep making more of these cars, and ignore what people say with negativity. :D

16. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

175hp would still not be that slow :/ not even close

@the not perfect part of your post Kyle: lol, you dont have to have driven this car in real life to know that engine is not accurate in the least (heck, look at myths caddilac, he probably never drove a 49 caddilac(could be wrong), yet it drives how'd you expect it to drive)

@post above mine by bill, thats not negativity, thats constructive criticism, which is a good thing, as it can help kyle to know how he can improve his mod

Also noticed homework part, school work is more important then beamng(no offence devs), you should be doing your homework, then when your done make beamng mods

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

#56 logoster, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  17. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

@175 hp: It's probably the gearing making it slow... I dunno.

@Cadillac: I messed up the front dampers a bit, but: I sat in a 50's Buick Eight Roadmaster(think a 53), and steered a 1956 Hudson Hornet Hollywood special 2-door(1 of 8 in existance) while it was being towed across a gravel path for about 50 meters... That's as far as I got. However, the beauty about BeamNG and Assetto Corsa is that you don't need to have driven the car to make it handle right. As long as you can build the suspension EXACTLY like it is in real life, for the rest, you can just base the rest of the car on knowledge of metal strength/flexibility and knowledge of driving any car out there and make it slightly worse or better. Ie when I was making the Cadillac, I had only ever driven a 55hp fwd sh*box 1995 Seat Ibiza... I used the knowledge I had of the tires on that, imagined in what way a 1950's whitewall tire would be worse, and applied that to the Cadillac with some input from Gabe and Dkutch. That technique has worked on all my cars I think apart from some small details.

If you think this is too much off-topic: I'm telling it because I think other people might find this useful information that they can improve their own mods with as well :)

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

7zip is free software and infinitely better than winrar and several other paid for archiving tools. Really not hard to go and install it.

The key. Its in the OP, I'm looking at it, you should look harder or learn to computer.

19. Kintetsu

Kintetsu
    Expand Collapse

It's called criticism, and it shouldn't be ignored. If everyone posted about how amazing it was and all criticism was ignored then tell me how faults are going to be found or fixed for future releases? Think a bit logically before recommending someone ignore everyone not cuddling up to them and telling them they are perfect.

People are making suggestions on how to fix errors with the car, and indeed cars from the other threads. Good luck ever making anything decent if you want to ignore everyone saying "This is okay but there are these issues."

20. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

More like rants not suggestions...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice