Cancelled Ford Mondeo mk5

Discussion in 'Land' started by nukezbomz, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Supreme

Supreme
    Expand Collapse

this looks awesome btw when is it gonna be released?

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

*sigh*

For those with basic literacy skills: it isn't.

3. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Reading is not a basic thing for some people.

#63 HadACoolName, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  4. ScottL

ScottL
    Expand Collapse

Wow, what a nice looking mod.

I think people underestimate the volume of work required to build even a simple vehicle.

Me being one of those people!

I'd guess that anything that's drivable and worth uploading to the community would take at least 80 hours to complete, 120 if it's got decent detail.

Don't throw in the towel man, this thing has the potential to rival the quality of the ingame vehicles. You've definitely shown us you've got the skill to get this all the way!

5. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Fantastic work keep it up. Love the Modeo

6. nukezbomz

nukezbomz
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the encouragement. I might re-visit it at some point in 2014. After I'd done the body I found it quite difficult to find reference images of what's underneath to get it done accurately which killed the motivation. I also had about 5 attempts at doing a basic dashboard and each one looked wrong. If I was struggling with that then imagine how much pain I'd put myself through modelling suspension parts!! :rolleyes:

The problem is I didn't have any serious time to practice and put in a lot of work in a short space of time - After the end of September I didn't have enough hours in a day due to work getting quite busy - at the end of the day the last thing I wanted to do was stare at a PC screen!

I came back to it at the start of December and had completely forgotten how to use Blender properly. When I started I severely under-estimated just how long it would take. I'm a bit of a perfectionist which doesn't help - I race in online championships on rFactor where I make my own skins, each one takes 10-20 hours to do because I want to get it right. So this could take me hundreds of hours to finish.

I'm hoping by March/April that work will calm down and I'll be left with a bit more time to put into something - which I hope will be learning Blender again. :)

7. Partello09

Partello09
    Expand Collapse

Re: [WIP] Ford Mondeo mk5

Aston Martin? Its called a Ford Fusion

- - - Updated - - -

Oh its actually, Ford Mondeo is the same as the ford Fusion, America = Fusion, UK = Mondeo

8. jotaonze

jotaonze
    Expand Collapse

Ford was the owner of Aston Martin.

#68 jotaonze, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

They sold out in march 2007 actually.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice