Food & Cooking Megathread

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Nadeox1, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Wow, that's amazing :eek: (and I'm hungry now ç_ç)
    Self-thought or you took some kind of class?

I made this time ago.
    It's a typical German dish I liked a lot.
    Rotkohl I think it's the name. (red cabbage)
    I didn't turn out as good, but it was something.
    Also of course ate this in full summer, when I was told it's a winter dish :D

11.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. Yeah I made my self and chef teamwork from university. ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Here's my brain child I call it the, "Meat Fries Taco with Cheese."

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Fried myself some chips today.
    IMG_20181107_145927.jpg IMG_20181107_145908.jpg

Didn't burn the house down, so on reflection, a successful meal :p

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if it counts as cooking or as immature retardery...
    So, last year I got to judge a children's reading competition. As a symbolical reward I got a bunch of shitty Ukrainian candies, lemon flavored jelly coated in chocolate (who on earth thought that was a good idea?). Me and my friends tried eating some, but they tasted like all-season tires soaked in fish oil and dipped in coffee powder. I put the remaining three in a drawer, planning to do some weird experiment with them. Today I had nothing to do and decided it's high time I made use of these candies. They were now hard as wood and had lost all the flavor (which was rather good as it wasn't any pleasant). I threw one out as it had been unwrapped and dropped on the ground, so I didn't want to put it into our cookware and two candies were enough. Here they are, ready for action:
    IMG_4712.jpg
    Top quality slav oil, Boris would be proud (remember his mayonez muffins, quite close to my experiment)
    IMG_4719.jpg
    I begin my experiment and you begin questioning my sanity
    IMG_4713.jpg
    Fully dissolved. The resulting broth smelled of chocolate cookies and lemon:p, much better than the candies themselves.
    IMG_4716.jpg
    The one on the frying pan lasted a bit longer. Smelled of burned wood and oil, now this is closer to their original flavor ;).
    IMG_4717.jpg
    Conclusion: chocolate covered jelly beans dissolve into brown liquid when boiled and into brown flakes when roasted in sunflower oil.

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Cookie?
    IMG_20181210_200908.jpg IMG_20181210_201426.jpg IMG_20181210_201824.jpg IMG_20181210_203655.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

8. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

That hasn’t gone too well, has it.

9. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Here's the thing about Cookies, no matter how bad it is, it's still cookies.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

11. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I tried making caramelised French toast today. Gonna be honest, probably not gonna make it again. However, I was quite pleased with how the caramelisation went, I was expecting total disaster. Surprisingly, the washing up was quite easy, I though caramelisation would make it a nightmare.
    IMG_20190208_131224.jpg

The real low point was that the French toast was mostly under done, since I hadn't made it before.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

For a second I thought those were chicken nuggets...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Hey I stole your picture for reddit karma https://www.reddit.com/r/shittyfood...amelised_french_toast_from_the_beamng_forums/

• Like Like x 3
  15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I think you ought to find a new supplier xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

17. Simon Spaeth

Simon Spaeth
    Expand Collapse

I made vegetarian burgers last weekend. I’m not vegetarian or anything, but i saw a YouTube video on it and immediately liked the idea of it. The burger patties are made up of paprica, garlic, kidney beans and breadcrumbs. I made the buns myself too. It tasted delicious!
    upload_2019-2-13_21-30-43.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Looks super nice, I got my mum a book of vegetarian burgers for Christmas, had about 6 or so different recipes of burger since then, all were pretty damn nice.

Haven't got any good photo's of them though, only one of me making a face on a reheated (fried at later date) burger, using buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes.
    IMG_20190202_215245_01.jpg
    Doesn't do it justice really xD Your photo is way better :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Every time I cook I burn the house down, so I don't touch the stove usually.

Save for a nice favorite of mine, Pasta Aglio e Olio. Angel hair pasta, olive oil, crushed dried basil, crushed red pepper, crushed dried oregano, a touch of pasta water (to form a sauce with the olive oil), about a tablespoon of butter, and some salt and pepper to taste.

I also make a variation on French green beans. Fresh green beans, cream cheese, butter, seasoning salt to taste. Fantastic.

I also make a mean "Italian-Style" grilled cheese with some pizza sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni. I make a mean grilled cheese in general, to be honest.

I'm figuring out why I'm fat. Nothing about any of these is "low-calorie" or "low-fat".

#119 redrobin, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

My genius knows no bounds, I couldn't find any quick food in the house and as a result was starting to starve, so I had to improvise... I bring to you, the Panini Pattie Burger!

(Apologies for the poor lighting)

Perhaps the best part, is that it is super quick to make, and is pretty quick to clean up after too.

1. Turn Panini maker on
    2. Spread a small amount of butter on each side of the frozen sausage patties
    3. Chuck em in the panini maker, and leave alone until cooked [approx 3-5 mins for Quorn patties, real meat may vary] (no flipping required, the panini maker will cook them through from both sides excellently)
      1. (some future ideas) Perhaps fry some onions in the panini maker at the same time (or put them raw on the bun to be cooked later as a panini)? Maybe an egg could be fried?
    4. While they cook, slice bread buns
    5. Put cheese in the bun
    6. Take patties out of panini maker and put on top of cheese
    7. Place the other side of the bun on top, and shove in the panini maker like a normal panini
    8. The grease from the butter and burger pattie will crisp up the bread nicely and add a little extra flavour
    And then eat.

To clean all you have to do is wipe down the panini maker with a cloth, since it will still be hot, any residue from the cloth will turn to steam. Meaning it doesn't need drying. Then all that's left is a few easy to wash utensils and a plate/bread-board.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice