Flickering road textures in terrain

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Driv3r1142, Dec 3, 2015.

1. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

That makes sense and answers my questions.

2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Its weird that so far it seems it happens the most only on one section of the map... And doesnt affect the entire decal road. That rules out an easy fix by using DecalBias and ZBias.
    It might help if I post this screenshot of my terrain object in the SceneTree;

Attached Files:

• Upload1.png
  3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Also, is this also related?

Im around or above the height of the Terrain object.

Attached Files:

• Upload1.png
  4. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's related. Weren't you going to post a video?

5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I was trying to capture it on video yes. Problem is, its not showing up in the screen captures.(Weird.)
    So, I will describe it better this time, and I will keep trying to film this oddity o_O

Basically its a flickering like there are 2 decals on top of each-other; Which is an offset issue, Right?
    Well not in this case. I have adjusted the ZBias and the DecalBias of the roads and it still flickers. Oh and it happens randomly in different places on my decal roads. And it could be the same DecalRoad where the flickering happens on one end and not on another end.

I am wondering what I did wrong with this map.... Its a 2048x2048, 1p=1m setup, 512m height terrain object.
    This is puzzling me. I have @Ouerbacker assisting me with this map, so I will ask him if he sees the flickering and if he has a clue as to what's causing it.

6. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like a good starting point.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice