Outdated Fixed Bloom and Auto Exposure postFX

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by kirbyguy22, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Awesome it works thanks. :cool:

2. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

Is there any way to save this? I have the bloom and exposure looking great, but if I leave and rejoin the game, it resets. I notice that on the render components it says "just for tests" but I still think there should be an obvious way to save it. I even try saving the map but that doesnt seem to help. Idk if the saving is tied in any way to the map, or if i need to save it as a PostFX preset or something, but I'd like some help with this.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it. Great mod by the way, love the exposure settings, works really well in conjunction with the changes I usually apply with the world editor.

#42 Born 2 Drive, Oct 23, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  3. EvanHellaFlush

EvanHellaFlush
    Expand Collapse

It was pretty good, but I had black squares appearing while the sun was shining on reflective surfaces so I uninstalled.

4. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

So there seems to be an issue whenever I download the tonemapper version, because no matter how many times I delete the temps and clear my cache, it will always revert to the old "blocky" bloom and exposure. It works perfectly fine when I download the normal version, but I felt like the tonemap looked nicer, but sadly I can't get it to work for the life of me. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

5. Colup

Colup
    Expand Collapse

If you only have the tonemapper installed, it won't work without the main postfx fix. The "normal version" (postfx_026_hotfix.zip file) is the main fix you need to keep in your folder, regardless if you want the new tonemapper or not. The optional tonemapper is added alongside the fix, not on its own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

Oh right, thanks for this :)

7. Chiraen

Chiraen
    Expand Collapse

Anyone else having problems with the auto exposure in the new patch? :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. kirbyguy22

kirbyguy22
    Expand Collapse

As of 0.27, these mods no longer work due to internal restructuring of shaders, and therefore I have marked the thread as Outdated. Vanilla bloom is great now, however there is still no auto exposure. Based on my initial impressions, I don't think there's a way to bring it back easily. Will probably do a deeper dive this weekend but I won't guarantee anything.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Chiraen

Chiraen
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the feedback! I wish you luck with the auto exposure :) I'm addicted to it

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

Praying you have a solution to the auto exposure, I am nothing short of impressed by the devs' work on the bloom in 0.27, but it's definitely missing the auto exposure to give it the extra kick. Crossing my fingers for you since I know it must be hard to rework these things every update especially since it probably works differently now. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

The auto-exposure doesn't work but the tonemap does and that's good enough for me.

screenshot_2022-12-15_19-41-05.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice