Solved Fatal vehicle exception.

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by TechMechanic, Jul 8, 2018.

1. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

I have this chassis for a go-kart I was working on, but after I added the suspension it caused this error. I did all of the fixes I found on the forum, but none seemed to work. All mods disabled, etc no difference.
    --- Post updated ---
    oh, sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Attached Files:

2. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Here's the technique you should use:
    1. Check the console (~) for errors: we can see that this is a problem in powertrain. The console also mentions the method torqueUpdate, which may or may not be helpful. We'll keep it in the back of our mind for now, the key is that the failure is powertrain related.
    2. Start removing parts until the problem goes away: we can see that removing the rear diff fixes it
    3. Figure out what powertrain issues the rear diff has: here we'll use either the wiki (which is sometimes outdated) or official vehicles. Official content can be a really good reference since you can assume that it works.
    In this case you could find the issue either way, the wiki has enough info to nail it down: https://wiki.beamng.com/Differential

There is no "closed" diff type. Possible values: "open", "lsd", "viscous", "locked". I assume that you meant to use locked, but be sure to check the wiki for the other values you'll need to set.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Thanks I'll try that, I didn't know that the diff could've caused that issue.

4. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome. I'm pretty rusty at this, so I wasn't sure what could be causing the error either. I started my troubleshooting based on the info you provided: the chassis worked without a problem. You said that the problem showed up once you added the suspension. First I removed front and then rear suspension - once I removed the rear suspension the chassis worked again! So I knew that it was either one or both suspension items or a child part causing the issue! When I added back the front suspension there was no problem: this narrowed it down to the rear suspension... then I went to work removing parts from the rear suspension until I found that the problem was the diff.

At that point I knew what jbeam section was causing the problem AND what the general type of problem was (powertrain), so it was relatively easy to figure the rest out.

5. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that worked, thanks so much!:)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice