Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by SwagMaster11, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I don't own fallout 4 but from what I have seen this is how I view each 3 major 3d games. Reminder that this is what I have seen and my personal opinion's.
    FO4=Fallout 4 FONV=Fallout New Vegas FO3= Fallout 3
    Good:
    FO4: Gun combat is more modern and compared to Fallout New Vegas more appropriate for the modern era and it works well.
    FO4: Power armor is better suited name compared to the previous 2 version. It adds a lot more damage resistances and radiation resistance but at the cost of requiring fusion cells. I don't know if it works like this but from what I have seen Working power armor for FO4 removes all weight limits aka you wont be encumbered.
    FONV: Considered the best story of the 3 games.
    FONV: There are deathclaws. Like a lot of deathclaws. Like you either have to fight 20 deathclaws or 5 Cazadors at the start of the game to get to New Vegas.

FONV: Introduced Iron sights.
    FONV: Has amassing DLC quest.
    FONV: Has a actual city that feels like a post apocalypse city albeit a bit small.
    FONV: Was made in 18 months.
    FO3: Set the fallout series into the lime light.

Bad
    FO4: Creation club

FO4: Story is sub par
    FO4: REMOVAL OF THE KARMA SYSTEM

FONV: Extremely bad start even for a Bethesda styile game.
    FONV: Can be unwelcoming to new players
    FO3: Prone to crashing
    FO3: Green, Just green
    FO3: No iron sights

2. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

I never found the Karma system to be very useful to be honest, in FO3 it just felt like a cheap thing to add replay value and in FONV it was pretty much useless (at least I never felt like it made a difference in my 2000+ hours of playing).
    --- Post updated ---
    Dude, both FO3 and NV were a laggy mess on consoles (they run fine on PC though).... I played both titles on my trusty PS3 and it was a nightmare sometimes....
    --- Post updated ---
    What do you mean by that? To be honest I found it very refreshing to see the story starting like this, it was something different.

3. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the karma system is cheap as hell. I don't miss it. What I did want was faction reputations like New Vegas had brought back. I shouldn't be punished for stealing from a dead guy nobody knows in the middle of the desert. Nobody has any conceivable way of knowing I did that, but Cass will hate me for it anyway. The Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4 was very NV-ish, as close as it could be with the pre-existing game mechanics. It had skill checks! All the time! Imagine! There is, I believe, exactly three skill checks in base Fallout 4. It did not have faction reputation in the same way NV did it, but depending on the number of quests you completed for certain factions, it would be easier/harder/even possible to convince them to do certain things how you want them, providing several different possible outcomes for each faction presented. It's certainly possible to do these things with a voiced protagonist, even with a dialogue wheel.

Also you don't have to fight deathclaws and cazadores to get to New Vegas at all. The quests want you to head around the mountains to avoid them, but even if you don't do that, you can pretty easily sneak by them straight out of the good doctor's house. You can get to New Vegas in under half an hour. Makes me fired up. Nobody has documented a true asshole/literally kill everyone you can playthrough. Worst outcomes, most deaths possible without cheating. I should do it. I've figured before if you do it right you can kill literally everybody except about 3 named characters who are either invincible and/or never exist due to other options that allow you to kill more people. For example, heading directly to New Vegas and confronting Benny so you get the Mark of Caesar from Vulpes Invicta will make a new guy spawn in his place in Nipton. You could kill Vulpes in Nipton, and then some other guy would give you the mark of Caesar, except Vulpes gives you a quest that causes more named people to spawn if he is alive for you to meet Caesar, so it's more beneficial to head straight to Vegas to kill two more named people. The other guy will never spawn in in this case.

4. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

When the game first came out it was a buggy crashy mess of a game.

5. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

it still is a buggy crashy mess tbh

mods can fix a lot of it

but then you pile on even more mods

and the effect is reversed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice