Outdated Extended Van, sport, classic, Heavy Duty, Mobile Billboard & trailer add-on 0.5.0

Classic parts, extended (windowed) vans, side doors, lots of extra parts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Re: Van off-road, sport, Heavy Duty & trailer add-on v0.2.0

You planning on doing any grand marshal mods?

2. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

At least not anytime soon... First I want to expand the Moonhawk and D15 mod ;)

3. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

You wanna bundle in the rev-limiters me and dummi made for the van and pickup? Won't break anything if the expansion mod isn't installed, but would make it nicer for people who have it.

4. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Im for Covet mods lol.
    You just do awesome mods!

How will you expand those mods?

5. DounatMonster23

DounatMonster23
    Expand Collapse

Can you please make the engine of the Flatbed truck stronger:)
    If you load a Pickup, it is getting really slow :(

One thing, just a joke but funny is , make 3 trailers for one truck :rolleyes::p

6. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Isn't it easier to just make another engine file? Same as the original except for the few lines and the names... (?)

See the attached image ;)

I know it's slow with a trailer attached. Both presets with the flatbed trailer and the boxed trailer already have the 'stage 1 tuning' enabled. Maybe they' need some kind of diesel engine with lots of torque. What do you mean with your last sentence?

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00233_1920.jpg
  7. firestarspelt

firestarspelt
    Expand Collapse

yeah a diesel would be a good idea

- - - Updated - - -

oh and on the box van with boxvan trailer when i ram wall at 10 mph and trailer falls off something seems to make the vehicle itself loose lots of hp or something ebcause it cant hold second gear and has trouble in first

#47 firestarspelt, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  8. DounatMonster23

DounatMonster23
    Expand Collapse

I took 3 of the flatbed trucks with trailer and put the truck on the trailer from the truck before :p:cool: And for this is the engine to weak :(
    Would be awesome if you can attach 2 extra trailer to one truck :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

What map is this :confused::eek:

9. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

The beauty of the system Dummie made for the revlimters is that if you don't have the expansion mod, having the revlimter in the jbeams won't break your engines. There's literally no harm. Just adds a bit of utility (and realism) for those who do. Adding compatibility with others mods is always a good thing. It's just a slot in the engine file. Works in a similar way to real rev-limiters.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is the rear window using the headlight texture?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, certain part configs, like the adventure, lack engine tuning.

10. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Alright, adding compatibility seems great, show me what slot you need. I think found the rev limiter thread, but didn't find the needed slot.

I don't know, do you mean the rear window of the added 'back-of-cab'? I just checked it in blender, but it just has the "van_glass" material. I do added a extra rear brake light above the rear window, but it has the 'van_chmsl' material. (only glows when braking)

The idea behind the adventure preset was to have a van to be capable of driving long distances, on and off road. A bit like the Sportsmobile. Using a tuned, thereby a less economic engine didn't seem to be a good idea.
    The off-road preset is a bit more hardcore, with a stage 1 tuned engine, increased locked diffs and without the extra weight of the addons.

11. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Once I get home I'll give a screen shot. Its literally the headlight texture. Window textures might be in the common files or something.
    The revlimters have been made for the van and the pickup engines, as well as corresponding part configs. They haven't been released yet, but I'll send you a copy.
    Also, I've mentioned it in the Dev screens thread, but you need to fix the cargo dolly suspension. It's far too soft currently. Trailers tend to have a much harsher ride than the vehicle they're being towed by for stability.

12. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info of the suspension, I don't have much experience with large trailers. There are some other small jbeam errors in the boxed trailer suspension, when I'll improve it I'll stiffen up the suspension as well. Also still curious about that headlight texture thing :p

13. firestarspelt

firestarspelt
    Expand Collapse

the suspention on the trailers conflicts with the trucks leaf springs and shocks when you use the parts selector fix it by renaming the trailers suspention like "name":"Gavril H-Series Trailer Rear Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Springs instead of "name":"Gavril H-Series Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Springs and make sure each axles leafs and shocks have a different name

14. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the head's up, I didn't noticed it and I certainly know the name should be different :p It looks like I overlooked multiple mistakes.

Edit; I just found out some axles have their hubwheels still set on propulsed :rolleyes: Just blame it on the (lack of) coffee...

#54 AR162B, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  15. Jawsoflife353

Jawsoflife353
    Expand Collapse

None of the trailers or lights in this mod show up, all that I can see is the van. I have cleared the cache but it didn't fix it. Help?

16. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

And you are sure you are using the experimental build..? It looks like the multi-dae doesn't work.

17. firestarspelt

firestarspelt
    Expand Collapse

just found another bug not sure if you found it yet the diffs section under the trailers suspention has "engineTorqueCoef"], as one causing the vehicle to go about 15 mph tops when trailer falls off so far it only seems to work on the flatbed cant get the boxtruck to work
    edit: a few mins later from the boxtrailers wheels file i delete the entire diffs section seems to fix it

#57 firestarspelt, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  18. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

In the suspension jbeam of both trailers the differential part was already disabled by "/*" and "*/" characters. The differential in the wheels jbeam takes care there is no rotation difference between the inner and outer wheel, and should be enabled. The cause of the truck slowing down after a trailer gets loose is probably is beacuase of the propulsed hubwheels and/or the names of the wheels/diffs of the trailers.

I already changed those among some other things, it should be correct now but I'm still testing and checking it :)

Thanks for the heads up!

19. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Since he's banned I guess I'll post what he meant.

(imported from here)

20. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Ah, right, thanks. I didn't know that area of the glass texture map belonged to the headlights, now I do :p
    It seemed convenient due to it square shape, like the rear window. I'll adjust it. Thank Again_Dejavu for me if you contact him :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice