Hello there ! I'm currently working on a custom map, based on a MapNG export. So I've picked up the mod, unzipped it and started working on it like you would normally do. But in the process of making it, my mod folder was cleared, with the mod file in it. But since i've modified it in the /current/levels, it appears like a vanilla map now. I didn't think much of it since i could continue the work. But now, I'm in a strugle to export it as a mod, since a few files needed who were in the modfiles are hidden I don't know where i a cache. But this makes it impossible to export. When i do so, zipping all the files in /current/levels/mymap to make a mod, when someone without the cached files install the mod and launch the map, he get a flat black terrain block, far from the spawnpoint of the player. I've searched for a fix everywhere but i didn't found anything. I'm now turning to the forum to try and get some answers or at least clues of what I can do. Here is below some images of whats happening: I hope somenone can help me!
I would guess your files are split between two folders. Have you looked in the appdata folder? You could try a search on your pc for the map folder name. It may show up twice, but one may be in a hidden folder. As long as you can save and reload, and it is all there, I don't think it will be in a hidden cache as such. There will be a folder. When you find it, you'll have to merge them, which may be fiddly, but should be possible. --- Post updated --- Another option would be to do a save as, or an export of an object .dae or similar. When it shows you the folder to save into, note down the location.