1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Everything bad I've found with the new update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rush_thewolf, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Rush_thewolf

Rush_thewolf
    Expand Collapse

1 : New oil physics? The game now has some new parts, like oil pans. Along with that, your car can starve of oil much easier and more realistically. But this really ticks me off, I can't rockcrawl, off-road, or have fun in gridmap 2.0 in an older car because of it. And I don't want to have to install high tec fuel injectors every time I get an older car out. (Because going up steep surfaces stop oil/fuel getting where it needs to).

2 : Configuring menu broken?! Every time I install a part, the menu closes.

3 : The new grid map. I love it! But it seems like it was very rushed. Many parts just don't work! There's a part of the half pipe where you enter through the side. but theres like a 5 meter lip between the entrance and the half pipe, so like the devs wanted you to do, you go fast and do a loop-the-loop over the lip and into the pipes. But theres such a big dip after the entrance, that you can go fast enough to do the loop without flying ahead and crashing! And the lip extends so that you can't do a loop-the-loop. so why is that entance there? to tick people off?! No thought went into that! And many parts are useless! like this double figure eight thing? you can't drive into it with flying away, and you can't drive out of it with flying away (or bottoming out), so why is it there? To make the map look good? To take up space? To be a glorified ramp?! and then there's the little pillar/archway things that half of them you can't drive under due to poor placement, and why are the so many!? Just to look good? You can only crash into them so many times!

4 : Lack of content POSSIBLE content. I love the new car! Its super fun! But there are only 7 versions, Could we at least get a crazy V8 drag one, or even one with 4WD?! Even a cop one would be cool. I'm tired of relying on mods that take up space to add what the dev's should have. Same goes for the new pigeon, I love the 4 wheel one! But if you're gonna redo AN ENTIRE CAR, maybe you should change/add some parts. Yes the drag ones realistic, but is it fun? no! And the off-road one isn't even AWD. We could've waited a few more months for a better update.

P.S I love the update, just being nit-picky :)

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_88.png
    • Screenshot_89.png
    • Screenshot_85.png
    • Screenshot_86.png
    • Screenshot_87.png
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rocker45

Rocker45
    Expand Collapse

What a rage post lol
    "Realistic game bad because realism"

With the figure 8 thing, can't you just slow down ?
    The arches can driven under with smaller vehicles i guess ? I don't have the time to check out the update just yet, so who knows.
    Also quite objectivist of you to assume that there's no other use for a certain parts of grid map simply because you personally don't find any for them.
    How the hell do you fit a v8 into a widgeon ? Imagine the weight ratio lmao
    I don't mind the pigeon not having an awd drivetrain, it's not like the car is going to take on any serious offroad terrains

This is a classic "realism vs fun" moment, in a game like beamng, the devs are almost always going to chose realism. Sorry to say but you just have to rely on modder to add things that you want.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The oil damage is harder than realistic.
    For example, in the engine thermal debug. It said that the maximum safe G is 1.2 BUT the oil can starve at a MUCH LOWER G. Rock crawling at 45degree bank is 0.707 up G and 0.707 lateral G which is much lower than said 1.2G
    Moon gravity doesn't help but not worse either.
    The calculation might be bugged and need to fix.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rush_thewolf

Rush_thewolf
    Expand Collapse

I'm not angry at the update, purely nit-picking for the sake of it. all the problems I listed above don't affect my view on the game. Just listing down some things that bothered me :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Really!? I just thought it was too realistic XD

6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, too realistic. For example in a survival simulation the player character jump off from a five story building without a scratch, this is not realistic, if the character jump off from a two story building and suffer minor injuries, this is somewhat realistic. If the character jump off from 0.01m and suffer many broken bones, then the survival simulation game must by really, really, really realistic.
    (jk)

Actually, after I figure it out about the oil pan and oil starvation. When driving normally this is realistic. The only problem is that the "Maximum Safe G" is misleading, this does not actually mean maximum safe g, when the "Maximum Safe G" is set to 1 means maximum angle is 45 degree, when set to 10 means 90 degree.

Use the nodegrabber to roll the vehicle 90 degrees, then
    When set "Maximum Safe G" to 2 the "XY Starvation" shows 8.000
    When set "Maximum Safe G" to 5 the "XY Starvation" shows 5.000
    When set "Maximum Safe G" to 8 the "XY Starvation" shows 2.000

After disregarding the "Maximum Safe G" and focus on actual driving, the oil is realistic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice