1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stuck, Having problems with creating your mod? Let us help you: Mod Support

ETK K-Series

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Jun 4, 2016.

1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Don't get too excited yet.

I'll need to see a quote from the dev team before I believe that.

There was a V10 engine sound file included around 0.10.0 or thereabouts, but it was confirmed to not be planned for any use in current vehicles. Somehow, the rumor mutated to V12 engines for the K-series, but I have no knowledge of any official mentions of a V12 for any vehicle, let alone confirmation.

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot160.png

3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

4. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-3-11_20-55-29.png

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. BlueGinge123

BlueGinge123
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

There's also a v12 exhaust jbeam somewhere for the k seriess

7. FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL

FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL
    Expand Collapse

Lettering is not necessarily a relevant hint at things to come, though. Like, we had lettering in the files for what would probably be a sedan version of the 800 Series since its inclusion in game. Similarly, there's unused lettering for 2.0 variants in the i Series textures...

They've probably been included in the game files to grant headroom for (eventual) future implementations, but that doesn't imply said content is being actively worked on.

I honestly don't think a V12 in the current ETK lineup would make much sense either. A V8, maybe... But a V12?

What if something different is being developed - like, an higher-end ETK model - and the current ETKs are just being used as a temporary testbed?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Well, usually the exhaust headers are put into the engine model, not separately. I'm pretty sure the V12 exhaust is just a twin exhaust pipe, for any V angle engine, without headers. It just got named "v12" because it was probably made before the devs had decided what to do with the K-series. And I agree with the V12 not fitting. V12s are large and heavy, and usually reserved for luxury cars only because they run very smooth. A V8 or V10 could make almost as much power, and probably be able to fit turbos too due to not taking up the entire engine compartment, and wouldn't make the K-series handle like a boat because of the huge engine hanging over the front axle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

although, the real life R231 Mercedes SL does have a 6 litre V12 available (albeit along with biturbo V8s), and it is in a similar size class and general demographic to the K series, so that doesn't necessarily completely deny the possibility.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice