Cancelled ETK Eon

Discussion in 'Land' started by BryceCharters, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should the name be changed? If so, what should this vehicle be named?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2018.
  1. ETK Z-Series

48 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. ETK Jupiter

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. ETK Electron

11 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. ETK Eon (current name)

55 vote(s)
    43.3%
  5. Other (provide suggestion in the comments)

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

I'm excited to see it in-game too! I've started modeling the shell of the car, starting with the back, and i'm going to use interior components from the K-series. Once i have the shell of the rear fenders, the spoiler and the trunk of the car started, i'll start posting screenshots of it in blender. Thanks for contributing your opinion! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

No problem!
    Edit: The sketched front grille in the OP reminds me of Skoda for some apparent reason.

#42 General S'mores, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  3. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  4. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the lack of progress with this and my other mod. I am working on a lot of stuff, both modding related and with personal things. I am still working on this, but until now I have just been making the exterior details. With a car like this i realize that it is better to design the car from the inside out instead. So, i scrapped some of the work i have and i am instead beginning to model the base frame of the car, and from there i will model the batteries, motors, interior, suspension and lastly the exterior. I am hesitant to show pictures yet because of how likely things are to change, but hopefully i will have screenshots soon once I have a solid start that I am happy with. I am trying to make sure and take my time with this project, because i fear that rushing will make me more likely to fail. If you have any suggestions for configs, the design, how the car should perform or anything else, let me know! :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. EvanHellaFlush

EvanHellaFlush
    Expand Collapse

maybe take inspiration from the mercedes maybach 6?

6. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

That is an interesting idea. I think it would be difficult to incorporate design elements from that car due to how different these cars will be. The Maybach 6 is a luxury car, and it's design largely does not account for extreme performance. Also, there is very little about the car that resembles ETK. I might be able to use things such as the beautiful placement of the chrome trim on that car, but any more that that might not make sense for the ETK brand. Thank you for the suggestion though, I will include that car in the reference images when designing the exterior.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

Can you make a Hybrid out of this ?

(a electric car is just boring and insulting for car guys......)
    --- Post updated ---
    sad to hear

8. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

A hybrid version is not planned, sorry. :(

Not to start a debate, but there are plenty of car guys who like EV's. Who wouldn't enjoy the loads of torque that electric motors provide?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I think you got it backwards. Car guys like electric cars (why do you think Tesla became successful in the first place), but somewhat dislike hybrids.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

Hm.
    --- Post updated ---
    my opinion on e-cars is literaly it laks on anything that i like on cars

one big thing is sound feeling and the difference form car to car on sound like between rotary 4/5/6/8/10/12 or more zylinders in inline or V or boxer form (i can guess exactly the engine by hear its sound.)

next thing is the the ability to shift gears and get direktly involvet on driving an the feel nothig goes forward without you.

and you can drive with it anywer you like with big distances without long forced breaks

next thing is the smell of the car the mechanics you can see it and have easy acces and the ability to work on it without big savety issue
    and you can hear the car breath and life (intake sound)
    a car with a propper engine has so mutch more that i completly miss on e-cars the whole feeling of a car

in a e-car jou step on the gas and it goes forward and thats it.

that was a short esthetical part wy i dont like e-cars there are mutch more reasons but i dont want do discuse in this threat ethier :)

sory for my bad english
    its not my native language

#50 tobias95ng, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  11. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, I could not understand a single word of that, but all i have to say is that i'm sorry you don't like electric cars. Creating a hybrid version of this car would kind of ruin the point.

#51 BryceCharters, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  12. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/8/16235524/tesla-model-s-review-p100d-2017-electric-car
    OT:
    Is a Tron-inspired skin planned for the mod? The i8 receives such liveries, so it could fit this one as well.

13. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  14. jiangwei08

jiangwei08
    Expand Collapse

i present you a proton, not as positive as a proton though

• Like Like x 4
  15. welshtoast

welshtoast
    Expand Collapse

Meh, depends on the car guy. I personally hate them and their owners that say that their car is oh so clean, with the energy coming from a coal-fired power plant.

Not related to the mod that much, just my opinion on electric cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

I am currently modeling the frame, which will be a carbon fiber/metal structure consisting of the cockpit of the car and sub-frames at the front and rear for the suspension, electric motors, and body panels to attach to. I will borrow interior components from the K-Series and modify them slightly by removing luxury features such as the infotainment system, and reshaping it slightly to fit the frame better. I will also take the K-Series' seats and heavily remodel them with a more performance-based, bucket seat shape. In order to make the car as low as possible, the battery packs will be placed on the side of the frame instead of underneath, in between the front and rear wheels. This will also mean that the car will be quite wide, allowing for insane tire widths and more grip. I hope to have pictures by the end of the week. :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. KaanNecip

KaanNecip
    Expand Collapse

I'll wait!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. QUANTUM0

QUANTUM0
    Expand Collapse

Is this going to be a road car or a road-legal track car? If road car then I think you should keep the infortainment system but make it look sporty and make the interior look stripped. Lose as much wait as possible while still keeping luxury features

19. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

It will be a (barely) road legal track car. You do have a good point with the infotainment system. ETK is partially a luxury brand, so it would make sense to keep things like that. I'll see what i can do to make weight saving more evident in other ways when modifying the interior.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to keep you waiting. Here is a picture of the basic frame of the car. It is still very blocky, and i need to smooth it out like i have for the windshield portion. I'm sharing this so you can get a picture of what this car's construction will be like. There are hollow sections at the front and rear where the four electric motors will go, and the suspension components will be attached to the outside of that frame. The body panels will then be built around that. The battery packs will be partially underneath the car, but mostly taking up the space next to the car, with aero body panels covering it. The box around the car represents roughly what the final dimensions will be. Keep in mind, this is very WIP. The proportions will likely change a bit as i model the car. To give you a sense of scale, this car is about 2/3 the height of the K-series, and a little bit longer than the K-series.
    DesktopScreenshot20180604-12112758.png DesktopScreenshot20180604-12113495.png DesktopScreenshot20180604-12150952.png DesktopScreenshot20180604-12151745.png
    I will regularly post updates here as I model the car. What do you think so far?

• Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice