Error "unable to create a player with class player and datablock DefaultPlayerData."

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by The Gas Station, Sep 21, 2016.

1. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

SOLVED

While working on a custom map I started to build some time ago, I must have did something wrong, which resulted in this message, the next time I opened it:
    dfgdfgdfgdf..JPG
    After you click OK, the map works, but the camera is set to "free camera" and doesn't follow the car.
    Sadly, I didn't save a backup file for a very long time. I tried to copy the spawn player settings from another .mis file using notepad++ but it didn't work.
    What does it mean, and how can I fix it?

#1 The Gas Station, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  2. dinosaur202

dinosaur202
    Expand Collapse

Just hit Shift and C together and it should go out of free camera

3. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

Obviously I tried that already, and it didn't work. The problem is in the map, I'm sure of it.

4. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Sounds almost like the default vehicle from the garage is corrupted. Does this error happen on other maps? And can you get out of free camera on the map at all? If you can try and spawn a vehicle then save the map.

5. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I had a similiar problem to this when i had saved a mod vehicle as my default from the garge and the next time i opened the game i think I had done it in safe mode and when in opened gridmap to donsome testing it had the view from the where those where cubes are to the right of spawn that are joined to the hill looking towards the back left corner from spawn.
    This may be completely jibberish and useless but i suggest setting default car as just a basic model such as the stock d series and going from there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

My default car is the default pickup. Other maps work just fine. Safe mode doesn't solve the issue, so it's not mods. (Unless you count the maps as a mod).
    Thanks for the help anyways.
    What map-related things could cause it? Because as I said, I am pretty sure it's an issue with the map.
    Or prehabs a better way to ask it would be: What objects in the map would I have to recreate (in case they are corrupted or something), in order to make vehicle spawning functional again? I'll assume that's where the problem lies, because it makes the most sense.

7. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Can you try copying the SpawnSphere from another map? Or in the Object Editor go to the Scene Tree, click the library tab, then under that the level tab, and in the level folder inside that create a new Player Spawn Sphere.

• Like Like x 2
  8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I think Inertia's post #7 hits the nail on the head. That's what I'd recommend looking at.

also... why not post this in Mod Support?

EDIT: to elaborate on the previous post a bit... I'd recommend grabbing the entire "PlayerDropPoints" SimGroup from another map, or at least diffing your current PlayerDropPoints SimGroup against a functional one.

EDIT2: I took a quick look. Looks like you tried to add a spawnsphere using the editor. I see above that you said that you tried to copy a spawnsphere from another *.mis, but I think that you have done it incorrectly. Here's a look at what doesn't work (on the left) vs what does work (on the right). I don't know how many of these differences are critical, but it's easy to implement all of the changes and be done. Especially note that spawnClass and spawnDatablock just shouldn't be present.

beamng_bad_spawnsphere.PNG

#8 torsion, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

@Inertia @torsion Well, that was probably the issue. re-copied it, Now it works!
    Thanks!

And next time I'll post in the Mod Support forum, I didn't know where to put stuff like this but now I know *~*

EDIT: Dem sikk jumpzzz
    screenshot_00092.png

#9 The Gas Station, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice