1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

error on update?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Sherman, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Sherman

Sherman
    Expand Collapse

looked through related post but didn't seem to find my issue.

every week beamng tries to update, every time it shoves some DD3R MISSING message or something like that. it has a bunch of other info but its waaaaaay over my level of understanding.

cpu: dual core intel i7 3667u
    gpu: multi gpu intel hd 400 graphics and some amd card that the 8.1 update wrecked for whatever reason
    ram: 16 gig

any help would be greatly appreciated

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You need to post all the info, doesn't matter if you understand it or not.

Sounds to me like you mean the old D3D error though, common if your DirectX9 install is missing or broken. Download and install DirectX9, note that DX10 and 11 are not backward compatible with 9 so don't assume that because you have those that DirectX9 is fully installed.

GPU drivers should also be kept upto date and have been known to cause that issue. Tbh, if your claiming the 8.1 update wrecked your card, it is most likely a GPU driver error. Go to the AMD site, download and install the drivers for your card. The only AMD cards which don't work under windows 8.1 are almost relics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice