Engine Sounds Revamp

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Driver_1, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Driver_1

Driver_1
    Expand Collapse

The engine sounds in BeamNG are very good when you first hear them, but after a while they get very repetitive. All cross-plane V8s make the same noise, as do all the I4s, I6s, and V6s. I think there should be different noises for different engines. The Gavril V8s from the 60s sound the same as the ones from the 90s. They are also identical to the Burnside and Moonhawk, cars made from different manufacturers. The LeGran and Wendover have the same engines, so they should sound the same, but an American, pushrod, carbureted engine shouldn't sound the same as the Pessima's DOHC, fuel injected engine. The Bolide and Pigeon/Widgeon have their own sounds, but only because they use unique engines. The Vivace is the only vehicle to have entirely unique sounds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

I've been trying to create a new V6 and V8 sound but I can't seem to get them to sound great in BeamNG for some reason even though I think they sound alright in my FL studio project that I'm using to synthesize them. Here's what I got the V8 (based on Ford Crown Victoria engine) to sound like:

Here's what it should sound like:

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice