1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

East Coast USA - Feedback welcome

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by LJFHutch, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

A branch pretty low above the road
    Screenshot - 21.02.2015 - 22:52:34.jpg

The main road you spawn on- go few km back, and on the straight after the map corner turn.

2. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00079.jpg screenshot_00080.jpg

Has this been mentioned before?

3. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Nothing realy annoying but the water seems to disapear on the rock :)
    2015-02-22_00001.jpg

4. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

where is this secret swamp?

5. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Found a little texture bug:

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00018.jpg
    • screenshot_00019.jpg
    • screenshot_00020.jpg
    #45 direct_UA, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  6. madattak

madattak
    Expand Collapse

Overall my favourite. Art design is good, it has very nice and relaxing feel to it and I love cruising along the coast roads with the birds tweeting, sun shinning, and blue ocean, as well as the few houses scattered around the more areas of the map.
    I love how the design incorporates everything, high speed roads with gentle corners, twisting technical roads, good dirt rally roads, and I especially love the hidden rocky tracks scattered around that test your precision instead of speed. I found no major gameplay problems, the jumps work, all the tracks work, I see no problems really. Only improvements I'd be able to suggest are just non-specific graphical improvements, like a higher quality backdrop. I'd also like to see a large variety of maps in the future, maybe some areas from outside the USA aswell.

Edit: Actually I do have one issue with the map, the number of completely solid 2D vegetation walls felt rather too high and restricting.

#46 madattak, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  7. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Eyyy here's a bug:

2015-02-22_00001.jpg

it's here on the map
    2015-02-22_00002.jpg

also this looks a little weird:
    2015-02-22_00003.jpg
    and that's here:
    2015-02-22_00004.jpg

Otherwise an amazing map. Nice work LJFHutch

8. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if I sound like a big know-it-all or something, but this is totally incorrect for three reasons:

First of all, this is the ONLY sign placed on the map, which is kind of ironic, because if there is this sign, there should be a whole bunch more like it so that you're not lost or confused.

(imported from here)

Secondly, the road that this sign is referring to DOES NOT meet the US Interstate Highway standards. It has overpasses, but being only a rural two-lane road, it has no wide shoulders or a median, and it's occasional intersections meet at-grade.

(imported from here)

Third reason: If there will be Interstate highways in this map, then use a number besides 72 to define that highway. I-72 is actually located in Illinois, and there is no auxiliary route I-572 located along it. Also, only odd-numbered Interstates primarily go north or south, and there can't be three-digit auxiliary highways unless there is a one or two-digit main span for it to spawn from.

• Like Like x 2
  9. NielsBlueBlick

NielsBlueBlick
    Expand Collapse

nr 1 seems to happen on the yellow line and a bit to the left

Attached Files:

• 2015-02-23_00002.jpg
    • 2015-02-23_00003.jpg
  10. MercedesEclass

MercedesEclass
    Expand Collapse

Hi! This is my first post here, so I hope it's decent.

This is a very nice map, but I have noticed a few things that seem odd to me. First of all, some of the buildings away from the main town aren't solid. Specifically the small building at the gas station with the pink roof, and the large red farm house. I also think some highway signs would be nice too, as it is easy to get lost and there aren't many landmarks.

11. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

That sums it up pretty good.

12. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

This map looks nice, but the city roads are white for some reason. It's weird because all the other roads look fine.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00026.png
    • screenshot_00027.png
  13. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Hope you will fix the collisions on gasoline

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00096.jpg
    • screenshot_00097.jpg
    • screenshot_00098.png
    • screenshot_00099.jpg
    #53 direct_UA, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  14. Kevin_Hahn

Kevin_Hahn
    Expand Collapse

I don't ever recall seeing a parking lot that looked like the one at the gas station. Handicapped parking would be cool, too.

Attached Files:

• LJ.PNG
  15. superpat89

superpat89
    Expand Collapse

16. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Some stuff

Screenshot - 06.03.2015 - 17:22:50.jpg

An airborne tree.
    Also are these brown rocks just for me, or is it a thing? They are normal rocky from distance but when you come they get brown. <applies to all rocks with these textures, not just this one>

Also some stuff with the haunted mansoin
    Screenshot - 24.02.2015 - 15:40:04.jpg
    The road and the walkway should use a texture without the tire grooves in them, they are not as used to be so deformed. It even makes no sense fore the walkway.
    Also the house has no collisions.
    Also its not scary.

• Like Like x 1
  17. areppon

areppon
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that flat tyre thing tripped me out. First time it happened I just came over that bridge (the same one labeled above) leaving town and I was doing about 35 (there are those for whom smashing cars is not the primary goal/enjoyment of this game, I hope the devs remember us in content creation) I heard this loud "PANG!" and the car started to wobble a bit. "Shit no did I just have a blow out!?" Sure enough my left rear tyre blew out. So yeah, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's intentional. It's only happened to me once (and I drive through there quite a bit). If it's a bug, might I suggest finding it and exploiting it so that it becomes intentional? I think random tyre blowouts are just what these speed freaks need!:p Have it so it spawns in 3 or 5 random places so the chances of running it over and blowing a tyre are low but not never, and not every time you load a map (which would be annoying). Code it so that if any of tyreBlow is used the map will remove them all for a period of time (because it would suck running another one over immediately after or within two real world hours of gameplay time of having respawned from a blowout), then it will respawn new points. If it could be sophisticated enough, it could choose priority of where it placed the "spikes" so that you're more likely to get flat (while driving at "normal" speeds) on old pothole and dirt/rock roads than on higher quality road surfaces. A plopable version of this would also be a cool device for vehicle testing tracks people are liking to build.

18. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

So far I am loving the map. It's big and I'm having a blast just driving around and exploring everything :D
    2015-03-21_00005.jpg
    2015-03-21_00003.jpg

19. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to bump this, but I want to say that for a map of this size, I just love the complexity and number of roads. I have nearly 450 hours of play time, and I still find myself getting lost and discovering new things. I love it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Better height maps. If you smooth everything out the suspension on the cars will interact with the road MUCH MUCH BETTER. Please.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice