1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

Early Experimental Preview of Career Concept

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by tdev, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Juko43

Juko43
    Expand Collapse

lol, i was actually considering trying to push it to a nearby charge station, but i remembered i can tow to garage and it that just worked lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Formula24

Formula24
    Expand Collapse

For the motorsport branch I could see a performance rating system for cars similar to GT7 or Forza could make so most the races allow use your own car. With time trials/ AI having the difficulty scaled based on the performance factor of the car to a point (For example you shouldn't be able to a end game race with a starter car obviously). Plus you could then set up additional requirements for the car to enter (Full-size,4 doors, American, Pre-2000 etc) plus offering a car rental service for those races if you don't have a car that meets requirements that not only takes money upfront and for any damages in the race but also takes a small cut of the final winnings as well to have some incentive to not just use rental cars for every race.

3. Burrito7

Burrito7
    Expand Collapse

I went to the dealer to buy a car, inspected one, test drove it, then inspected another, test drove that, and then the popup for opening the dealership does not show. This is at the Rich's Motor Company dealership. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

4. Yakuskin

Yakuskin
    Expand Collapse

yea, similar happened to me today, drove to the dealership and the pop up did not show, but was fixed after i left it and completed a gtg mission, but now it does not show again
    --- Post updated ---
    I guess when generating car info in car shopping menu, it randomly chooses the year from the production period of a subject car. Is it possible to limit the selection so it does not choose the year past the current year irl? for example, this 2025 centauri, sometimes i see 2026 and 2027 used cars. Haven't seen this with vanilla cars, but i guess it's because none of them (except vivace and tograq) are produced after 2023

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2023-09-23034422.png
  5. R32_In_KH2

R32_In_KH2
    Expand Collapse

Can you sell car parts? I thought it said you could but I cannot figure out how.

6. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I can confirm.You need to go into garage mode to get any charge into an EV appearantly.

• EV are appearantly buyed with an empty battery. Even replacing the battery with a larger one, does not result in any charge being inside the battery, making the vehicle unable to move.

• Annoying: The home garage of the player charging stations dont seem to work, making it necessary to transport an empty EV for quite some distance. Pushing it a few hundred meters is not enough because the chargers there dont seem to work.

• May I suggest moving the mission marker away from the charging stations a bit? Those two should not intersect in the ideal case.

Not listed video showing the (charging) difficulties when using an EV in career mode:

EDIT: Recharging an EV creates a cool sound but that sound does not terminate when the vehicle is fully charged. Instead it persists until the game is closed.

Game and System crash:

It could be caused by other things but oddly enough, my system tends to crash quite a lot when leaving career mode with Alt F4. The game terminates and the screen gets black for a few seconds until the desktop reappears. (I am using a gaming laptop with an external screen and leaving the game appearantly resets the resolution temporarly even though theoretically both are identical. The game runs in fullscreen mode.

Alt F4 from career mode however seems to cause the screen often staying black and the entire system to crash severly. So severly that you need to press the power button for a forced shutdown (power cutoff, no regular shutdown)

I have attached the log files although it appears that there were none from the time of the system crash.

Here is also the windows event log (german):

Attached Files:

#226 ARES IV, Sep 23, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GrandMarshalGuy

GrandMarshalGuy
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I fast traveled from a mission to the quarry, then drove to the garage to find that the computers no longer open, but the screen illuminates when I'm in it's vicinity. I've also noticed that in the tutorial, the recover button doesn't work and the fuel menu didn't open when I tried to use it.
    I have tried disabling all my mods but I didn't have any luck, is there a possible solution I could try?

Edit: Tried doing a deep cache clear, still nothing.

#227 GrandMarshalGuy, Sep 23, 2023
  8. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna ask this again:

Is it possible to acquire vehicles like the Aurata, Wydra, Dunekicker, Stambecco, and Rockbasher from the current dealer selection? I haven't seen any examples of these vehicles in the dealerships yet, so I presume no. And if there isn't a way to purchase these vehicles yet, why not?

Still confused as to why I can't use the Wydra in the new career mode, despite being able to previously.

9. MattKowalski

MattKowalski
    Expand Collapse

Hello! First of all: thank you! Career mode is shaping up really nicely and it's starting to feel like a whole new game inside BeamNG. I agree that an increased focus on using your personal vehicles for the challenges would do for a more engaging (and sometimes punishing ;)) experience, but I understand that there are several steps to make to get there, and I'm just really happy that we can enjoy a whole new game mode!

Now, for the small things that don't quite work (yet):

- Sometimes the parking markers for the Garage to Garage missions spawns at a wrong angle.

Career_delivery_bug.jpg

- Whenever I play a new session in the same profile, it starts with the Freeroam UI instead of the Career UI

Career_UI_bug.jpg

- I installed an already present part on the car (small lip), then removed it from the basket, and bought just an ABS system. However, the lip still appears in the parts list installed on the car.

Career_parts_bug.jpg

#229 MattKowalski, Sep 23, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
  10. SSRG

SSRG
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it would be possible somehow just with common engines, like pickup or ETK?
    I mean propably not, but just a thought :p

11. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

It may technically be possible right now, but realistically it wouldn’t work correctly due to transmission and fit issues. They’d have to create a standardized system for the common engines and we don’t have that right now, nor are we likely to have it anytime soon.

12. evansje9

evansje9
    Expand Collapse

Lol, can confirm, bought an E-SBR, didn't think to send it to the garage lol, sent it to the service station and then pushed it to the chargers with my Grand Marshall, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SSRG

SSRG
    Expand Collapse

Story:
    I was test driving a Pessima Zenith (KJLP), and after that I just left it there.
    Then at some point I took my I-Series (only car) to repair, and selected a place on the map. The game bugged out, and I couldn't access the computer to do anything.
    Then I went to the dealership across the street and could just take the Zenith lol
    Moral of the story: free zenith yay :D
    --- Post updated ---
    yep. can't interact with anything if I have a set marker.
    And the Zenith isn't actually mine, I am just able to drive it :p

14. DieselDuster

DieselDuster
    Expand Collapse

I've got a I-series, and i made a horrible mistake. I've had this mod from before, and well, career mode also uses and enables mods too. and i installed a 500 HP V8 engine on it, and..... didnt do anything about the radiator... so whenever i gas it just a tiny bit, it overheats insanely fast, and im outta budget, and there's no option for removing parts from your car, i have to go really slow driving to misions to earn BeamBux...

#234 DieselDuster, Sep 23, 2023
  15. SSRG

SSRG
    Expand Collapse

I suggest buying KLJP cars with the trade-in enabled for your current car. You get good vehicles and they cost like nothing (prices were adjusted this update and KLJP does not reflect this)
    I got an SRTEC Miami + 8000 cash just for a crappy I-Series with an OP turbo lol

16. DieselDuster

DieselDuster
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks for the suggestion!
    (my engine exploded, dang.)

17. LegThePeg

LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

ouch
    my career vehicle is a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria Fleet with about 19,000 miles. I also bought a Bruckell Landscaper with Metric Gauges lmao

also, how do you do the :spoiler: stuff?

18. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

We greatly appreciate all the feedback and questions you've provided. Many of the bugs and unusual behaviors mentioned in the past two pages are already on our radar and have been added to our task list. In the days ahead, we'll be working on establishing system priorities to address these issues and more. Your feedback is invaluable in shaping the future of Career Mode!

It's important to understand that our development process is dynamic, and what you see or experience now is just one phase in the cycle. It doesn't mean things are set in stone; they are always subject to change and improvement. This is precisely why we've kept Career Mode hidden behind the 6-clicks, so please keep that in mind when you encounter missing features or unexpected behaviors.

To be clear, we're aware of the missing vehicles in the vehicle selector, as well as the strange screen issues and various bugs that occur during or after specific gameplay. These are all part of the growth and refinement process during development! :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. LegThePeg

LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

A weird this happened to me. I had picked the 200BX in the tutorial on thursday, but when I logged on today it was gone

20. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Where did you leave it when you last played? Did you go to the computer and select "my vehicles" and it didn't show there either? :) If you park a vehicle in a parking space, it will save there for instance!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice