Experimental Dynamic rain/water textures demonstration

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by venzo, Jun 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2020 Cherrier Tograc

2020 Cherrier Tograc
    Expand Collapse

I know I'm going to sound stupid, but since it says experimental, shouldn't there be a download link?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. vulcan-dev

vulcan-dev
    Expand Collapse

He's been banned, not exactly sure why

3. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

because he's most likely an alt of JsZ, the guy who made the ibishu zephyr and its airbags, but was banned in the past for making alt accounts to stir up drama on his own threads.
    he already got a second chance, but squandered it by making his "hirochi trekker" mod using a ripped forester mesh, and claiming that he'd modelled it himself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

yeah, i knew something was up with that account when he posted a thread of a highly detailed car (that definitely looked like it was ripped from a game like forza), rebaged, and was claiming it was all done by him. And knowing people like JsZ tend to make alt accounts, I figured it was that.

5. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the model was made by MGR, the same guy who made the models for innocentjoker's 2000s tuner legran, among other things.
    MGR modelled the shell back when the vivace was first released, and gave it to "Venzo" to put it in-game.
    from what "venzo" wrote on his thread however, I doubt it was much more than MGR's model plonked onto the Cherrier Emousse mod's jbeam.

the weird part is that none of JsZ's mods have been any more "meshslappy" than anyone else, (no one seems to have a problem with jorgepinto's 4runner and defender even though they use forza meshes, for example), but he just has this weird habit of pathologically lying about things, maybe in some attempt at upselling them?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That Sunburst facelift with different shapes of parts but unedited Jbeams, that's definitely a meshslap. Other than that not many though
    Because people have no idea what quality means. They think if the model is good and it has only "a few bugs" (which are mostly results of critical Jbeam issues), then it's the best mod ever. I was like the only one who saw the problems with the 4runner and publically announced them, then helped JorgePinto improve the mod. Also correction, it's not a meshslap but a mashup of several cars, which depending on the context can be better or worse than a meshslap, in this case mostly better but it caused LOTS of issues which me and the others had to help him fix. It's a similar situation as with the Maluch mod remake but with a way better model (the Maluch doesn't have many of these issues because I had great beta testers who found them before release, which delayed it by a lot but it was worth it for higher quality).

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

ah. didn't know. i just saw it originally and moved on because i knew the thread would go south fast.

8. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

precisely what i'm saying, there were bugs in JsZ's stuff, and the models were often ripped, and they aren't categorically "meshslaps" because they had Jbeam structures made by blending together a couple of vanilla vehicles, to a point where deformation and chassis behaviour was nearly all the way to what you'd expect of a realistic car.
    but the quality of his mods wasn't the reason for him being banned thrice, rather the way he poorly conducted himself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mistermeowsalot

Mistermeowsalot
    Expand Collapse

make a demo version of this but its only for only a select few of cars like ibishu pessima (1996 - 2000) ibishu covet hopper etc. What ever you wanna choose

10. Lordlichi2006

Lordlichi2006
    Expand Collapse

The user is banned for being a jzx alt
    he only posted cool stuff to get attention and never released most of his stuff

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice