Dumb guitar fix, will it work?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Slammington, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I have an acoustic guitar I bought 2 years ago for 100 euro, and the bridge began lifting long ago, which made me stop playing as it clearly needed to be repaired or replaced. Since I'm cheap and feel bad throwing things away, I decided to repair it.

The way to repair a lifting guitar bridge is to remove it, glue it onto the body, and then clamp it so that it stays tight. My question is, can I use a heavy stack of books in place of clamps? I don't own a set of clamps and I'd like to avoid having to buy them (we are very very tight on money at the moment.)

PS: it's worth mentioning that it's a cheap low quality guitar. It came with glue slobbered on every plastic piece and I've had to glue some of them back on as they came loose and fell off.

2. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Books will do as clamps, as long as you stick enough heavy ones on there. Just make sure the books won't fall over or they'll knock the bridge out of place.

3. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice