Released DSC Bora 3.1

Capable open-wheeler, if you've got the displacement downstairs to match it.

1. Classy Hat Doge

Classy Hat Doge
    Expand Collapse

That is quite the bump there my friend...

2. CrashTester

CrashTester
    Expand Collapse

Nice GIF

3. SamtheTokens

SamtheTokens
    Expand Collapse

4. TommasoItaly99

TommasoItaly99
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely my favourite one

5. Prizedcoffeecup

Prizedcoffeecup
    Expand Collapse

I find this car a complete joy to drive around. The AWD V8 edition feels a little bit choppy to control rather than smooth and is prone to kicking the rear out on corners without very smooth shifting even when using a G27, but the RWD I4 Classic one is stunning in it's own ways which I will focus on mostly for this. For one, the car is simple but beautiful much like the real life counterpart. The second thing is how peppy and quick this thing is despite the 4-cylinder being connected to a 4-speed manual gearbox. Even though it appears to make 96 HP and 126 lb/ft of torque in game, the lightweight nature of this car lets it not only do 2nd gear burnouts, but it is also balanced enough to give you plenty of grip while still allowing you to have that fun touch of body roll that comes from these old track cars. One thing that I kind of dislike about the car's handling, however...the sidewalls seem to be a bit too tight and make the vehicle a little bit bouncy around corners or under hard braking. It's understandable for that to happen with a car running 50's or 60's tires if you are doing it really hard, but if the sidewalls are meant to be excessively tight like this, then something else is reducing the smooth, sticky grip of the vehicle a bit further than what the real life counterpart would portray. That's my only real gripe with this car...everything else makes this a really enjoyable little racer to have, and I am glad that the DX11 platform of this game still supports it with no hiccups as a result.

6. smileyguyz

smileyguyz
    Expand Collapse

All the mods you make are awesome, but some REALLY need updates.
    I don't want to come off as needy, but seriously, you have some old mods that were awesome but don't work anymore.

7. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

I'm actually in the process of updating this and improving some things. :)

• Like Like x 12
  8. ryder2341

ryder2341
    Expand Collapse

If you ever decide to add sounds when improving this car, there's an entire dropbox folder available online full of low, med, and high sounds from Simraceway if you're interested. ANYthing is better than the default sound. I have no idea how the new sound system works, though...

9. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 1
  10. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 3
  11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I see what you did there ;)
    2015-10-15_00003.jpg

12. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Uncompressed Screenshot (4K)! And a video (1440p60)!
    @DrowsySam
    the screenshot in the post is compressed, the link goes to the uncompressed version hosted on mediafire

#92 NaxNir, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

I was still using the old version, and now this! Thanks!

14. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

I think the steering angle could be bigger and it could use some sportier steering for the race version. Also the FFB is really weak.

Otherwise, great improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Fun car!
    First thing I noticed on the RoadSport version was the tyre tread direction seems wrong.
    I still see reflections on the car even though I set the chrominess all the way to the right. Is it meant to be like that?

#95 mumboking, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  16. mconley6929

mconley6929
    Expand Collapse

this is by far one of my favorite mods....v3 included....the only thing i miss is the awd function of the track version...maybe if you have time you could make a "hypercar" version thats awd and a stupid amount of power maybe 1,000hp?...250+mph? i duno just snowballing...i really like this vehicle tho

17. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

I knew people would like AWD, so I left the AWD as a selectable slot in the front suspension. :)

As for extreme HP, feel free to edit that yourself in the engine.jbeam, you'll be able to find some tutorials on the forums somewhere for that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MattKowalski

MattKowalski
    Expand Collapse

Excellent car, both versions are a lot of fun to drive! Small problem: the BRP wheels are invisible, as well as an additional pair of steelies. Also, would it be possible to have both transmission options for the two V8 engines?

19. Cygator

Cygator
    Expand Collapse

can you maybe add the wheel cover things again? and the DOHC covet engine?

20. Magic_Sowap

Magic_Sowap
    Expand Collapse

The race wheels are totaly invisible and I can only see the tyres of the steel wheels :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice