1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.39 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Disable reverse on brake?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by vmlinuz, May 18, 2014.

  1. vmlinuz

    vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,409
    I want to make it so when I brake, the car doesn't automatically shift into reverse. Any suggestions?
     
  2. 14ramosr

    14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2013
    Messages:
    979
    Manual tranny.
     
  3. vmlinuz

    vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,409
    Yeah, but then I will need to shift even with an auto transmission selected. Also, I can't drive stick :p
     
  4. 14ramosr

    14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2013
    Messages:
    979
    In game its very easy. "z" is gear down. "x" is gear up. done. dont even need clutch
     
  5. vmlinuz

    vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,409
    I know, but I don't know when to shift. I wish the Race Update would be out already so I wouldn't need to use debug as a taco.
     
  6. SixSixSevenSeven

    SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2013
    Messages:
    6,957
    If my sister could work it out in a real car with little guidance at age 11 or 12, I'm sure you can work it out in a videogame :p
     
  7. garyjpaterson

    garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2013
    Messages:
    273
    It is annoying if i want to drive auto, but i think Gabester mentioned that the new realistic automatic transmission will be included in the race update, which will completely fix the problem.
     
  8. Budnytrain

    Budnytrain
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2013
    Messages:
    71
    Just listen to the car, I've used manual without any sort of RPM guidance since Beam was released.
     
  9. vmlinuz

    vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,409
    One user found this helpful: mrlinux12321 (stupid antispam features)
     
  10. pillojon106

    pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2013
    Messages:
    122
    Once the race update is out, you can disable it...
     
  11. Chernobyl

    Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2013
    Messages:
    627
    Just drive manual or just drive auto. Is it really that annoying?
     
  12. Davidbc

    Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2013
    Messages:
    1,332
    In BeamNG I change gears when the rpm are close to the limit, IRL when they are around 2500rpm.
     
  13. Mythbuster

    Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2012
    Messages:
    782
    When it starts to sound like it's guts are about to pop out, when the car litterally seems to scream "PLEASE HAVE MERCI, PLEASE, NO MORE"... That's when you shift... It's litterally that easy...
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice