Dirt Mapping On Vehicles

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Quiverted, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Quiverted

Quiverted
    Expand Collapse

Ever just feel like going mudding in your favorite Gavril D Series or Ibishu Hopper? And then come out of the mud pits like you just went to a car wash? It takes the fun out of the game and makes it less realistic. Or maybe you went rallying in the dunes and came out without one spec of dust on your paint. Even your wheels don't get dirty. I'm just saying the ability to dirty your vehicles has been on my mind since I first purchased the game. Mapping dirt seems so simple and almost every video game that features motor vehicles does it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ISX5.9

ISX5.9
    Expand Collapse

havn't thought about that until you mentioned it, and i must say it would be a great addition. I dont think it would be too hard to implement either considering other games use dirt mapping all the time, however this is a different engine, we'll see!
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matt_890s

Matt_890s
    Expand Collapse

You have a good point. However, would dirt/mud mapping be very taxing on the computer? I do like the idea of being able to dirty your car, though.

On that note, I also noticed how mud particles seem to splash to the inside of the vehicle, so if that gets kinda fixed then the game would be more realistic.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Another thread about the same thing, with exactly the same arguments all over again
    "It would make the game more realistic"
    "It seems very simple to implement"
    "Other games do this"
    Can people not use the search bar nowadays? This is one of the most frequently requested features, if it was as easy as you think then it would have been in the game from the start...
    Also just saying, if you have read the thread posting rules, you would know that you are supposed to search for other similar threads and read through them BEFORE you make your own one, because 99% of the time you will find your answer there, and you could potentially get a warning if you create multiple useless threads like this. Sorry for being harsh but seeing the same kind of thread coming up every month or so is getting annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Matt_890s

Matt_890s
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry......

6. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

it's not you, it's the creator of the thread that he's talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice