1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

20 inches smaller.
    A body on frame fullsize monster that remained unchanged since early 70s is certainly not a base for a new generation of high tech cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. QUANTUM0

QUANTUM0
    Expand Collapse

I’m working on the shading, I already know that’s terrible
    Then maybe I’ll come up with another story? Idk, I haven’t thought about it that much, just the idea. I just want a car that looks like this, I don’t really care how
    --- Post updated ---
    On that basis, what other large, American fords (that aren’t crown vics) are there from 1992-2001 ish?

3. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I think none, but take a look at Intrepid and LHS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. QUANTUM0

QUANTUM0
    Expand Collapse

Maybe I’ll just call it the “Alternate Grand Marshall” :p

5. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it could be a GM rebadge?

6. QUANTUM0

QUANTUM0
    Expand Collapse

As in made by another manufacturer? Yeah I think so, that just means I’ll have to rebadge it which I can’t be bothered to do but will if necessary

7. @op@

@op@
    Expand Collapse

hujy

Attached Files:

• 20180525000302_1.jpg
    • 20180525000432_1.jpg
    • 20180525000321_1.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  8. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I also see that in some Wal-Mart shopping carts, and some are due to being broken.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

Are you talking about the infamous “that one wheel that won’t stop wiggling back and forth while you’re pushing the cart”?

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the last piece of my sentence described that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. @op@

@op@
    Expand Collapse

Hey look i did something im actually proud of
    20180525005854_1.jpg 20180525005900_1.jpg 20180525005907_1.jpg 20180525005919_1.jpg 20180525005933_1.jpg 20180525005944_1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

delet

#17352 workclock1©, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Its already removed lol
    NVM it was just my computer

14. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

it begins...
    upload_2018-5-24_18-35-24.png

(that will actually be the name of the map, by the way :p )

anyone know where the name, description, features ect. file is? it used to be in levels info, but now i can't seem to find it...

• Like Like x 5
  15. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Update- some progress on the "facelifted" sunburst

Attached Files:

• sunburst1.png
    • Sunburst2.jpg
    • Like Like x 24
  16. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

That looks awesome! Will it be released, or is it just for the renders?

17. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

For now its just renders, but I want to modify it to the extent that it can stand as its own car and not just an additive to the sunburst- im thinking 2018 sunburst or something, so not just a facelift. When that happens I'll definitely put it in game!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

That would be fantastic ingame! For whatever reason it reminds me of the RS6, and as wagon version it would be RS6 Avant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-5-24_20-1-57.png
    it's always good to start with a fresh slate, that way you can hide your laziness below it!
    upload_2018-5-24_20-3-7.png

(all decals, seriously though, is there any way to select all of them?...)

• Like Like x 3
  20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

That can be a pain. Look around in the level data files and see if you can find the store of decals.
    If they haven't changed it again it's main.decals.json. It'll just have names and then a lot of coordinates, if it's the right one.
    Just delete that file (move it on the desktop or something just in case).
    Then make one single decal somewhere and it should write a new file. There's likely a better way, but that's how I've done it. You might be able to delete them from the f1 object editor (try that first, in-case it complains about missing main.decals.json after you remove it !), but you'll have to hunt them down in the list (that has all non-forest objects in it). Best done @ the start of the mapping process. FWIW I think my Roane County map still has an errant decal or two from it's grid-map beginnings!

That all being said, I got another new bridge done! This time it's a highway bridge, matching the other small two-lane road bridge I did the other day. Complete with pillars and all. Native collision, for use in the forest brush. Comes with aforementioned pillars, a start piece, a long span, and an end piece. Fits almost anywhere then (the abutments are simple concrete blocks that I've already had in-place, I may do fancy ones later). Not only that but each pair of highway bridges I replace deflates the level item count by 20 (!) objects, mesh roads (and decal roads), which are 'expensive' to render anyways.
    Ruritan Road overpass in Roane County, where US 40 crosses over.

Of all things, I spent about half a day on that 'Type 80' railing. It's identical to the railing on the previous road bridge I demonstrated the other day. For comparison, ECA uses 'Type 90' Railing on it's short road bridges (the paved ones with grey concrete).
    Again, these are totally modular bridges, and pretty much can fit anywhere. Cross a culvert, a road (big or small), or a whole river, they'll get you there! If you live in the coastal regions of the country or just 'the south(east)', they're everywhere. Will perfect the textures a bit tomorrow (aspect ratios, alignments of the road striping) and it should be perfect!
    These will be used across multiple maps, and released for FREE USE after I release a map (update) with them in it. I Made sure to taper the beginning and trailing ends of the collision mesh away from the driving surface (where they join up or at either ends of the bridges), in-case the position is not perfect; so the vehicle will not get hung up while skidding/crashing.
    --Cheers!
    EDIT:
    @TheDiamondLord8 - I chose Roane County because it's about 25~30 minutes from where I live in Tennessee, and it's got a lot of awesome roads in it. It just made for a good map! Looking around on the map with routes and such, this seemed to be it. Originally it was just a proof of concept to see if the game could run something this big. IT DID - for the most part (aside of a bit of visible shake when you get to the edges) it was just fine. People goaded me to finish what I had teased, and started. So I did. I still am... two years and 2500+ hours of work later, it is still being progressed. I am actually making these models for my city map coming up though, so you'll see lots of new (well before you saw this) stuff there also. It will be fun. It will be compete with THE LEADING BRAND (West Coast) by the developers.
    --I added this in here above your post because I cannot post without another screenshot - as per thread terms.

#17360 bob.blunderton, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice