1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

One day..maybe.. :eek:

Nardelli_Formula_1wip.jpg

Also, that's the logo I made for the brand :)

smooth becuz subsurf lvl1 pls gabe no rage : (

#841 Nadeox1, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  2. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

(imported from here)

Getting better every day, looks good now that it has a shine to it.

Started life as a D15, 99% of that n/b has changed, I deleted the suspension and wheel Jbeam files and started with fresh ones too.
    N/b pic and size comparison:
    7VD4c.jpg

None of the original D15 model has been reused, the mesh is from Offroad Drive and they have great detail on the suspension etc, textures are jizz.

After a small tumble off a cliff. :p
    7VDJE.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

I
    Looks great! Can't wait to drive it, hope it has some sort of low box option for crawling etc (hint hint).
    I have a ton of off/on road wheels and tyres which are pretty high detail if your looking to do some different types J-Beams

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

4. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

Started working on a trailer for the D15
    BeamNG.drive.x86 2014-04-04 16-22-10-075.png BeamNG.drive.x86 2014-04-04 16-21-28-857.png

- - - Updated - - -

Getting all kinds of error on the wheels of the trailer, too lazy too fix it:p

#844 chris_lucas, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  5. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

6. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

Going to widen it and giving it an interior like the guy from chasing classic cars has.

7. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

That game looked great, shame the physics side was crap:(
    Can't wait to play around in that thing though:)

8. Volvo

Volvo
    Expand Collapse

That looks gorgeous! It would be great to cruise around in and it would be cool if it had worn out suspension :)

9. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Looks great. Just a question though, I can understand that the Bravo is lifted and all, but I would not have thought that the overall size of one would be as big as the D15, or real life counterparts, though my pickup knowledge is not that great. It's probably just me imagining things, but if you could confirm, that'd be great:D

The model looks great too. I had a search of the game and they have a few other nice vehicles as well (the Suzuki Sierra and Toyota Land Cruiser caught my attention:eek:)

10. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

That picture was really deceiving actually.. ;)

(imported from here)

Their game claims it's a "Ranger", so its mostly based off a Ford Ranger, but seeing as it's not actually the same for legal reasons, I'd imagine the scale is different compared to a real Ford Ranger, as well as other details. :)

11. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, after some searching it appears that the Mazda Bravo/Ford Courier is roughly a similar size, perhaps a little smaller than a Chevrolet C/K of the same era (which I think is the same class of pickup as the D15), so it's most likely scaled correctly:)

Judging by the blue oval badge, and the name, it most likely is based on the Ford Ranger, which a Mazda B-Series but with cosmetic changes. It looks as though they have not changed the design and all, not like GTA where the car is based on something but with elements of other cars and some parts made up. Just slap a Ford texture in the oval and you can call it a Ranger (or a Mazda badge and make it a Bravo).

12. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

I find the best way to judge scale is to look at similarities in things like the seats and steering wheel as there doesn't tend to be huge variations between cars.

---on topic-----=

re-made a lot of this and now it stands at 37000 polys although the bed isn't finished and im going to make different wheels as these are currently Gabes. Need to make a few changes to the suspension setup and the interior but its nice to have made some progress with this old project haha. Aiming to keep it under 40000 when finished though so shouldnt be to hard work for old PC's.
    Capture.JPG

#852 Fundador, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

actually, a mazda b series is a re-branded ford ranger with cosmetic changes, not the other way around

14. Ehet

Ehet
    Expand Collapse

Toy cars. :rolleyes:
    screenshot_00332.png
    screenshot_00331.png

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Technically you are both wrong or correct depending on location.

Inside north america, ford produce a pickup which they call the ranger. Outside north america, mazda produce a truck they call the B series. The 2 trucks are very similar and share a few components but not all. Inside north america mazda rebadge ranger's as B series. Outside north america ford rebadge the B series as the ranger. Its a very effed up system.

2013 onwards saw the ranger/B series partnership end. The *australian* designed T6 platform has been adopted as the ranger outside of north america and the product line has been discontinued within north america as the new design is similar in cost and size to the existing f150, a smaller engine size for the f150 was introduced instead. Bizarrely both the 2013+ ranger and f150 are available in some euro markets, I assume in future we'll see more merging of the product lines.

16. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i don't really care about it outside NA, i live in the NA, and i was talking about in the NA, also, don't you mean 2011? as ford stopped producing the ranger in 2011 (or at least the american version(also known as the best version, because the other versions aren't true ranger's (because there normal size pickup trucks, while in NA, it's actually the original version, a compact truck)))

#856 logoster, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Not everyone lives in NA. T6 came in for 2013, if it was discontinued earlier in NA then so be it.

18. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

Awesome!!! I've been waiting for a map like that!!!

19. Bisofication

Bisofication
    Expand Collapse

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

20. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Experimenting with render and materials...:)

Opel Vectra_A_1.jpg Opel Vectra_A_2.jpg Opel Vectra_A_3.jpg Opel Vectra_A_4.jpg Opel Vectra_A_5.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice