1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2019-03-03_18-38-56.png
    A Cuatro for every job.
    Now with fixed rear suspension

Edit: the beach buggy may be on fire, fire is an optional extra and the Charmand Corporation claims zero responsibility for damages..

• Like Like x 18
  2. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

v8.png
    Now I just need something to put this in.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Working on some plates

• Like Like x 7
  4. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Redoing this corner, I've always hated it.
    screenshot_2019-03-04_00-27-13.png

• Like Like x 8
  5. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

This was meant to be a simple figure 8 with some obstacles in the middle to make a parkour track.
    280 obstacles later, I think I might have gone a bit overboard

screenshot_2019-03-04_13-10-05.jpg

• Like Like x 27
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. TarTi

TarTi
    Expand Collapse

Is it good for off-road gameplay to go down this waterfall...

beamagain23.png

Nope. But that's fun. Works for me ^w^'

• Like Like x 5
  7. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2019-03-04_18-12-08.jpg
    Hmmm...Might feel like WRC in a few spots...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-3-4_19-28-0.png
    hopefully when I add drive shafts it is not an unstable mess like my last attempt almost a year ago

• Like Like x 7
  9. TarTi

TarTi
    Expand Collapse

Finished my 2nd waterfall spot, but all of you will just go at more than 50 km/h over there so here it looks like ! ^w^'

beam24.png beam25.png

• Like Like x 5
  10. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

*insert rage here*
    It still needs more work
    --- Post updated ---

--- Post updated ---
    Also figured out that some wheels make the rear end even more unstable (15x9 alder rush + 31 inch off road tires fall off, few others vibrate)
    screenshot_2019-03-04_20-36-13.png
    I just couldn't help myself, when I make the race 460 it may be able to actually do this without nodegrabber

• Like Like x 11
  11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Ah, the traffic tool, nothing like the traffic tool to knock a mapper of his high horse, even if he never got on one in the 1st place. Yes, quite a humbling when I realized that now with lane features and such, Roane County TN map wasn't looking so ship-shape, never mind a multitude of glaring graphical errors...

So, sometime this month, folks will get to enjoy a new Roane County, with some upgraded graphics (cough highway graphics that stank cough cough), lots of fixed ones (where needed to fix flickering, over-white mip-maps on railings/fences, and no-textures embossed on parking-areas). The map will feature mostly re-worked AI on pretty much all of any of the roads that are more than 2 lanes (with both sides combined, this is a four-lane route shown above, so it got re-worked). New bridges featured in my Los Injurus City map thread, will also make a showing, free for others to use in their maps. No more mesh road bridges people, please. Draw-distance will also be increased & fog removed a bit *IF* the FPS tests prove it's not going to bomb the FPS for folks - not going to undo all the hard work the developers did now.

So look forward, clearly, to a new version of Roane County TN map coming to BeamNG.Drive this month for use with the explosively-popular Traffic Tool by @Gamergull that has so-recently graced us with it's godly presence. I can't really thank him enough, this is totally awesome. Where were we all this time without it?
    Work should wrap up in a week or so, maybe a little less (it's a rough goal, not exact), it will be tested privately for 4~5 days, and then it will be sent out to the BeamNG servers here for you all to enjoy - hopefully bug free. This is NOT a content-release, it's not going to have lots of NEW stuff, just lots of IMPROVED stuff (some, like this 4k road texture, are night & day difference).
    In short:
    *highway texture kit completely replaced with newer, better, much much more realistic AAA-quality work (free for community use on release, they're made by me, for all mappers).
    *bridges completely upgraded (free for community use on release - Modular bridges, to fit wherever you need them)
    *AI completely re-worked with the traffic tool in mind, appropriate one-ways, dedicated left-turns on proper intersections, and existing large-lot AI routes for places like Sprawl Mart and others
    *better draw distance if it doesn't murder FPS, less fog, slightly brighter sunlight.

The Bob listens to the feedback he gets from folks. US 40 highway is already re-done with new AI (just like the above picture of Route 27 / Roane Street, which is 80% done).
    Some things were great, some things stank, some things were just plain BROKEN; so I hope you'll find much more of the former as opposed to the latter two categories in this map the next time you download it.

No jumps were harmed in the making of this update.

• Like Like x 15
  12. TarTi

TarTi
    Expand Collapse

Any good tip/link-to-thread to create a good racetrack ? Mine seems a bit boring and not that flat even with smoothing 10 times..

I'm more into regular and off-road roads ahah :p

tracksmall.png

• Like Like x 10
  13. Crash77

Crash77
    Expand Collapse

Based on that, I'd say, add some railing, since much of the track appears to be slanted towards the sea. AI support is always a fun feature, too. This archipelago map is looking pretty cool, keep up the good work!

14. TarTi

TarTi
    Expand Collapse

Thank you ^w^ trying to show you the best of my country through the landscapes and my level design attempts :p

Railguard were planned yup, and will come veeeery soon cause I'm a bit bored of fall off from the cliff each time I try a new car on it ^w^'

AI support with waypoints, or just the "drivability > 1" in the road details panel ? Cause the second one is already there ;3

I also scaled up the third turn and deleted some roadpoints to have more straight lines but the tracks seems still a bit short... What is the best 1-lap track time to have a not-too-long not-too-short circuit ? And at what speed are we supposed to pass a dangerous turn ? As i said, I'm usually not in racetracks ^w^'

Thank you again anyway and here is the track how its looking like for now :

beam32.png
    --- Post updated ---
    I was going to create my railings, but it seems it wont work with a tool as the road mesh editor, so how am I supposed to do ?

Also, I begin to like my track after a few laps with my new tires :3

beam33.png

• Like Like x 7
  15. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2019-03-05_23-48-39.jpg
    Put speedbumps and mapped a different texture to them to make better-looking parking bumps or whatever its called.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Im_a_Lefty

Im_a_Lefty
    Expand Collapse

17. TarTi

TarTi
    Expand Collapse

Looks nice, good idea ! I was just wondering how to do my start places lanes !

18. DutchyGamer

DutchyGamer
    Expand Collapse

I saw your latest posts here and in community screenshots. I think you should add some custom walls around the cliffs with railings on top of them, that would make it a lot more realistic.
    It also hides some of the terrain's roughness!
    Looks interesting and challenging so far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. TarTi

TarTi
    Expand Collapse

As I said previously, guardrails were planned but I'm still looking for a spline mesh tool for them, does this exists or am I supposed to place an orientate each guardrail portion I want ?

Thank you, btw :3

20. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

20190306194550_1.jpg
    changed the bumper shape to be more aggressive (side by side comparison)

• Like Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice