1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

I've posted a thread already but there aren't any volunteers...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

I don't think you can disable turbo thermals without disabling thermals for the entire engine. Just set the max turbo temp to -1 or 999 or something.

3. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 10
  4. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

It feels a little different but looks the same simultaneously

5. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

One difference is particularly important.

(it's the correct size)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Been working on suspension geometry today. I swear that is where about 50% of my car development time goes due to the amount of "testing" I need to do to ensure that it feels good.

My method is generally quite unscientific. I drive the car around, figure out what handling characteristics I would like to attempt to mitigate, then adjust values until something has been improved. However, today I decided to jump into Assetto Corsa, and write down the geometry of some comparable real life cars along side my own geometry for the R20. What did surprise me is how radically different the alignment is for different brands/models of real cars. Regardless, the castor value, and front camber of the R20 stood out to me as being outliers compared to real cars. So I nudged them around to bring them in line and am quite happy with the results.

Here is some "testing" footage of me driving the R20 after the adjustments. In this case, I started out slow and then gained aggression.

Often I find that these changes don't seem to affect the performance of the car, but can have a large impact on how it feels to drive. Which is super important.

In this case, prior to the changes the car was quick, but twitchy and snappy on Italy's roads, making it difficult to drive consistently at that speed. After the changes, the car feels much more confident, especially on rougher roads, and is easier to control, making more of its performance accessible. Thus making the car much more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

i'm not sure if this has been answered yet already, but what is the R20?

8. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

I think he meant the R60.

9. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean it's the correct size?

10. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The New Zealand plates is what he's talking about.

What he meant is that the other one is accurate to the real New Zealand plates.

11. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

dont see it

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Nope, I meant R20
    Its a 2 seater convertible sports car. Engine at the front, RWD. The base model has a turbo i4 engine, then there is also a more powerful 300hp 2.5l V6. Its wheelbase is roughly similar to an MX5.
    screenshot_2019-01-23_00-03-08.png

(The 20" rims may get swapped out for 19" rims. The sensible part of the brain is telling me to do it, but the difference between the 18" rims and 20" rims isn't very noticeable when driving in game, so I think I might leave it as is, it is 2019 after all :p )

• Like Like x 24
  13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Go get glasses then if you can't see the obvious difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

two things- design wise :p

1. maybe wheels more like this- those look VERY out of place: (and too big by about 2", maybe?)
    upload_2019-1-22_19-31-11.png

2. i really, really don't mean to be rude, (i seem to have a knack for unintentional rudeness) but the car looks very 2013 (is it supposed to be an early 2010-s model?) - and by that i mean plain; edgeless (especially up front)

maybe add some more lines here and there?
    upload_2019-1-22_19-35-29.png

ideas;

first and foremost, the two circled areas- put something there- anything! because right now it looks like the car has slightly pudgy cheeks, if i'm honest :p

second, the hood- could use just a few more lines- something like what i've drawn here, maybe using the line(s) going from the headlights down past the grill(s) to the bottom of the front bumper as 'Guiding Lines'?

third, the rear- it just kinda... falls off? maybe if it had a little bit of a ducktail spoiler effect or possibly a lower belt line around the windows it would look a bit better (Just my opinion!)

oh also maybe like some plastic side skirts that stick out a bit towards the wheel (overexagerated in my drawing) and some lines right around the rear-roof segment :p

overall it just needs to be a bit more... edgy. or more round- right now, it's kindof in between, like an Audi TT Roadster from 2010 (but not exactly due to that lovely wraparound beauty line you have over the fenders and mid the doors)

once again, this is all JUST my opinion, and i'm only here to help- if i can :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I mostly agree with all that you have said actually.

The front bumper is something that I am torn on. I don't like the awkward space, but I also don't want to fill it with fake plastic vents. My plans are to put some fog lights in there and see how that goes.

The bonnet lines that you suggested are ones that I have thought about doing. My plans as of now are to leave it alone, so as not to spend too much time getting caught up on it. But it has been my intention to make a second bonnet with those lines on, at which point I can choose what works best and leave the other in as an option.

It certainly does need something on the bottom half of the sides. I just don't yet know what. I have been thinking about adding side fender grills for air to leave the front wheel arch. Adding bigger side skirts is also something I have considered. As is adding another body line in down there. But I haven't committed to anything yet, since adding lines/vents in is really destructive to the model and difficult to adjust later. But it's something that I am going to need to commit to at some point.

If I were to guess, I made the shell of the 3d model somewhere around early 2016. At which point it sat dormant on my hdd for a while. So it will look a little aged by the time it's released.

As for the wheel sizes, if you want something 2" smaller than the 20" wheels, there are already 18" options available on the jbeam.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

I stand corrected.

That looks good, will you use a gauge cluster similar to that of the R60?

17. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Since I'm on a roll.

• Like Like x 8
  18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it has a new and much improved guage cluster that has more functionality, hopefully it will also be easier to use and navigate.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this is too early for Dev Screens...…atleast I'm actually doing something for once
    screenshot_2019-01-23_11-13-20.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

20190123182253_1.jpg
    When a 'beat up pessima' beats a tts2.

• Informative Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice