1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

'Developer Section' Response Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iheartmods, May 3, 2016.

1. Fast-Subaru71

Fast-Subaru71
    Expand Collapse

I am honestly pretty interested in the Italy map and the West Coast USA map.

2. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Who isn't?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Just curious, what CPU do you have? Same GPU here but doesn't run extremely good on some maps(usually 45fps in ECUSA)

4. B25Mitch

B25Mitch
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Designer
    BeamNG Team

Official maps, played with a single vehicle, are very GPU limited currently. Any decent Intel processor should be fine, I'm running an i5-7600k at factory clock, and it doesn't give me a better framerate than my previous processor, a 5 year old i7-2600k, did.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

I have one question.Will the Ibishu Hopper have turbocharger option in the engine?

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting around same with everything maxed out @1080p with 1050 Ti and i7-6700, tuning down any of SSAO or resolution will increase fps a lot.

However as I usually use 720p in windowed mode, I'm rarely GPU limited and as I like to run some of the bigger maps, I'm much more prone to be CPU limited.

7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The Hopper is going to be built with a focus on rock crawling/trailing/etc... which generally needs more predictable power output than a turbo will give (turbo lag. If the turbo kicks in at the wrong time while rock climbing, bad things can happen). Unless we get some off road racer, which would surprise me, I think a turbo would be useless in the default configs and therefore not come with the vehicle. There are some parts for vehicles not used in configs though, so it is possible I suppose. Of course it will probably have a mod for it within a week of the update though.

While writing this, I have realized how funny the word "turbo" is...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That is valid in reality, maybe at some point in game too, but currently in game vehicles don't have really turbo lag, what they have resembles mostly of variable geometry turbos that have computer controlled wastegate, lack of throttle butterfly also helps a lot so if Hopper would have similar turbo as many current vehicles, it would not have issues.

However future things will improve and there might be indeed issues then, so supercharger might be what would fit into Hopper better.

Which ever is the setup it comes with, I'm sure mods will give additional options to shovel into engine bay.

9. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

You're right, turbo lag sucks but what about with anti lag system?

10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Italy seems to be coming along quite nicely :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that on the West Coast map, there are roads leaving the map. What's going on? Are they blocked like Hirochi Raceway and the ETK map?

12. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

You mean at the residential area, looks like they hiding something
    i guess blocked roads will look like the bridge on left in pic

13. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

Looking forward to WCUSA for doing similar stuffs my profile pic shows ;)

14. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

good lord, italy is huge!

15. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if that is a bridge... it seems to go out above the water for a little while, and then transition into a tunnel.

Either way, why exactly would the road be going into (what is presumably) the Pacific Ocean? Is it a road to Japan along the seafloor?

16. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they wanted to do something like the golden gate bridg

17. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

It's quite possible that the western bridge/tunnel could be like those in San Francisco; running across a bay (which I would have mistaken for the ocean in the last post) to land nearby.

The problem is that a bridge that size usually implies something substantial to drive on at the other end.

If we assume that the map of WCUSA includes the extent of the western bridge/tunnel, it'll have to be blocked off halfway to its implied destination and cleverly merge into the background areas so that it appears to go somewhere.

If this isn't the case (say, the structure dead-ends or loops back to exit somewhere on land), there will have to be some particularly convincing signage in order to justify the highway going across the water. If there's an exit to another point on the coast, why build an expensive bridge or tunnel there instead of a simple road on land?

The highway exits on the north, east, and south sides of the map are much easier to handle. Simply block off with a closed tollbooth, possibly with signage indicating that the highway is closed because a mountain pass has been hit with inclement weather:

I'm not quite sure about how to block the residential streets exiting to the south though. Construction barriers and paving equipment?

#637 YellowRusty, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the highway might be like utah, where it goes into a tunnel and loops around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

20. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Do anyone else have the burning feeling, that you need this for the Italy-map:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice