WIP Beta released Demolition Derby - The Fair Grounds 10.8.1 DEMO

Derby and Racing Scenario - Figure 8, Grass, Concrete, Mud and More

1. Murdoc

Murdoc
    Expand Collapse

I was trying it with only the relevant mods active. I had the mods in the correct folder in appdata/local.

I was able to make the mod work by reinstalling the game, but lost everything in the process, obviously. So the mod does work, but I had to resort to a full game refresh.

2. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

What menus and options are you going into and selecting? Did you delete all of the old versions from the repo and mods folder? One other thing is to delete the derbyMenu.json file in the settings folder under your appdata/local/beamng/0.22/settings/.

3. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

That worked for me, thank you for this amazing mod!

4. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

idk where to find the settings folder

5. bg427

bg427
    Expand Collapse

He put the file path in the message. Type %appdata% into the Windows search function and it will bring up the appdata folder (it might open the roaming folder rather than local automatically and if so just go back one folder) then follow the file path he said.

6. derbyguy12

derbyguy12
    Expand Collapse

idk how to get to that

7. bg427

bg427
    Expand Collapse

Do exactly what I said in my previous post.

8. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

YES FINALLY THANK GOD

9. WhackedGaming

WhackedGaming
    Expand Collapse

Would be fine with a donation option like the old school full size car mod. But I already paid for the game and this is not his licence to be charging people money. Very surprised the game team has not asked them to stop. Plus is he giving half his money to the head game team for being able to use this game engine? Yeah I did not think so.

10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

You obviously have no idea how this all works... If you are not paying the devs to use the game engine it means you are greedy??? Literally nobody does that because we already bought the game and that money went to them. And people have the right to charge money for their mods if they want to, the problem here is different though, if the mod has a free demo version then it should actually work and be updated regularly instead of forcing people to pay if they want a working version.

11. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

Nope, but derby mods have brought in a couple thousand new players since last year, profiting the dev team a fair bit! If it's not worth a few bucks to you its not worth getting too upset over, but we don't owe you our time and skill

If the free version isn't working I'll see if I can get with him to sort it out.

#811 NoDakSmack, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I was referring to the time before it was updated, it had been broken for like a year. Idk if it works now, haven't checked, but possibly doesn't.

13. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

I don't think thats the case. It only just went paid recently and I use it daily. After the last big update it didn't work for a short period but it wasnt long

14. oldgun

oldgun
    Expand Collapse

Welp this last update absolutely killed fairgrounds for me. Uninstalling Beamng and reinstalling with no mods, then putting mods back in didn't change anything. When selecting Fairgrounds the screen fades to black and that's that. I tried it before and after I reinstalled. Cache cleared of course. It just stays black. Mod will not run for me anymore. God I hate Beamng. Their updates always mess things up and improve almost nothing. The new car looks like a retarded goKart. I'm about to give up on this POS. POS referring to Beamng, not this mod. This mod is the only reason I still use Beamng.

15. Zethsquatch

Zethsquatch
    Expand Collapse

I got a black screen loading into the scenario too
    And I have done all the typical tricks, no luck

Also while it's on topic. I haven't been able to run this scenario in along time now other than in the mp mod
    IDK if there was another secret to get it working but its been over a year for me. Not sure what else I can do

16. WhackedGaming

WhackedGaming
    Expand Collapse

Nope the "free version" has not work properly in age's it's why I stopped making video's with your mod and promoting you.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yet I see 0 other mod makers (for the mod's i use) holding up a mod behind a pay wall, I see donation option's but none of this "if you want to use my mod i want X number of dollar's"

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry you feel that way. However, getting paid allows me to work on my mod full time and it wouldn't be where it is without it.

#817 NoDakSmack, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  18. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

The latest BeamNG update has caused some major UI problems that I am looking into. Typically, it will take some time to troubleshoot any issues created and can set back current progress. Soon, the paid version and demo version will both be updated again. For those of you who are not willing to pay monthly, the demo version includes many of the features of the Pateron version. I am very grateful to those of you who do choose to support this mod by being a Patreon Supporter. It requires constant upkeep to continue working and takes multiple hours of my time each night after my full-time job. Thank you to everyone who has supported my work.

Bidwars

• Like Like x 2
  19. securiteeboyz

securiteeboyz
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, I have supported several months had to hold off after some bills needed paid, but I will be back to supporting on Patreon soon thanks!! Did the new update really mess things up badly? I hope you can get it working again absolutely loved 10.5.0 paid mod. Please everyone support this dev.

20. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your support! I have it mostly fixed except for the initial startup of the mod.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice